Grill expander for KJ classic

TrentR

I fit chuck roasts, ribs, wings, etc under there just fine. You wont fit a full turkey, but i bet you could fit a spatchcocked one under there.

Once you set it on the grate you'll see what you need to look for as far as where things can and cannot go, but I really like mine, although I don't need to use it nearly as much as I thought when I bought it.

4 minutes ago, KJTerp said:

I fit chuck roasts, ribs, wings, etc under there just fine. You wont fit a full turkey, but i bet you could fit a spatchcocked one under there.

Once you set it on the grate you'll see what you need to look for as far as where things can and cannot go, but I really like mine, although I don't need to use it nearly as much as I thought when I bought it.

but can you reach that food? or do you have to lift the expander up to get to them? I dont have a table, only the KJ. i dont have anywhere to put the expander other than the ground if i need to move it to get to the food under it

i dont use it for things like active grilling, only smoking, things tend to finish at the same time

it can take a little bit of maneuvering with tongs, but i am able to get stuff out when needed, i can also grab the legs with my welding gloves and take the rack off and set it down on the patio if needed

with that expander from Ceramic store, you still cant get to the food on the lower portion if the top portion has food on it, unless only using a half moon grill. but i see it does give a bit more flexibility