Few cooks on the new soapstone

Well I had been looking at the cast iron griddle for my KJ classic but they were either sold out or the price was $65 (supply and demand I guess). I found a KJ soapstone on sale for about $13 more so I pulled the trigger. I have cooked smash burgers and a little bit of seafood (swordfish and scallops) and so far so good with the soapstone! 

95F017AE-0FF0-451E-88F9-D55897FDA35B.jpeg

B0055034-E1F0-4DD9-9559-C2D1E802B1CB.jpeg

5DB606F2-33B0-4F78-945E-EAC9977BFBB4.jpeg

FD95F90B-0758-495B-A2B0-244860A324A7.jpeg

On 8/5/2020 at 6:30 PM, len440 said:

I got my lodge round griddle from a garage sale for $10 just had to trim the handle a bit. A soap stone is on the horizon for me burgers scallops lobster and swordfish(?) oh my

Haha yes it was two separate nights. I grilled some asparagus and my wife did some rice for the seafood. But so far I’ve enjoyed the soapstone! Let us know how it goes with the lodge...sounds like a great deal!

On 8/5/2020 at 2:02 PM, Ron5850 said:

It looks like an extra $13 well spent.

I haven’t cooked on the KJ CI griddle but I was really leaning that way until I decided on the soapstone. I guess only time will tell but I’ve definitely enjoyed it so far. Think I’m going to try to sear a flank steak on it tonight for some steak fajitas so we will see how that goes.

Just curious.  what's the advantage(s) of soapstone griddle over a cast iron griddle?

And, being totally off the wall, would a granite griddle offer any pluses?  (seeing as my buddy has granite shapes and rounds just sitting in his backyard from his house remodel)