Iberico Secreto Pork

adm

So, I've been thinking about buying some of the "Iberico Secreto" pork for a while and ended up ordering some last week.

This is basically the "wagyu" equivalent for pork. It's from the "Pata Negra" black hoofed pigs from the Iberian peninsula. They are left to forage in the hills and forests and mainly live on a diet of acorns, mushrooms herbs etc...

The "Secreto" cut - or butcher's secret is essentially the pig equivalent of skirt steak. From the Pata Negra pigs, it's massively marbled with fat, which should make for really tasty eating:

IMG_4412_heic-X2.jpg

Anyway, the pork looked fantastic. I ordered a kilo, but they ended up sending me 1.3Kg for the same price, so that was a bonus.

Grilled up hot and fast to medium rare on the cast iron half moon griddle on the Kamado:

IMG_4416_heic-X2.jpg

Served up with patatas aioli, rocket, shaved manchego, grilled Padron peppers and some quince sauce (we have a quince tree in the garden).  Wow. It was super good. Melt in the mouth tender and unbelievably tasty.

IMG_4418-X2.jpg

The good news is, I have one big piece left, the Kamado is heating up now and it's pork baps with apple sauce for lunch!

21 hours ago, ckreef said:

Tasty looking meal and you did a great job plating the money shot. With your plating and picture taking skills you really need to be entering our challenges. 

And he would bring some strong competition if he joined!

@adm. What do you say? Come join the fun

1 hour ago, In2Fish said:

And he would bring some strong competition if he joined!

@adm. What do you say? Come join the fun

:-) All right.....arm well and truly twisted. Will go and have a read of the challenge section and hopefully join the next one.

Thanks for the compliments!

On 8/23/2020 at 7:43 PM, adm said:

:-) All right.....arm well and truly twisted. Will go and have a read of the challenge section and hopefully join the next one.

Thanks for the compliments!

I got a little ahead of myself and just entered this month's "Beans" challenge.....