Sealing up front Vision Pro S

Chugger22

Hey guys just wanted to share a few tips about how to better seal the front ash pan and Electric starter port on a vision Pro S. My starter port and ash pan have the rubber seal around them but the electric starter port would not shut flush, it had a gap at the bottom. I fixed this by placing two small washers on the hinge screws. This allows the top and bottom of the door to seal flush with the front of the grill. It closes and latches easier as well. I had some extra high temp felt so I lined the back of knobs. 

3BCDF6E8-FCC1-4F20-A493-ED5BA6B05E67.jpeg

CA1D6C1E-0E67-44F4-8D90-E53B4982A5F6.jpeg

8D0255F8-C761-4FB0-B129-3A72D5B1F07C.jpeg

860E38D1-CF9C-4EDA-BDD2-5E5933C55592.jpeg

A23DA1AF-6A31-4FAA-B9FF-0C614C634D65.jpeg

Thank you for posting this.

I have a Pro C and have a fit holding temperature. My electric starter port shows the same gap your Pro S shows. I'll add the two small washers before my next smoke. 

I also noticed the felt on the bottom bowl has deteriorated. Need to replace that too. 

• 4 weeks later...

When I first had mine it took a bit to hold temp. After a dozen or so smokes it holds temp perfectly. The smoke helps seal everything up. Any extra airflow I assume is just compensated by me opening the dial less. My fire still goes out when all closed up. 

I say this just for the new people, just give it time before spending money. If you can see a gap, sure it may need fixed but give it a few months of using before going all in on extras. Of course disregard if you like having a project and something to do besides enjoying it. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I got my Pro S a month ago and have been having trouble with managing the temperature as well.  I'm sure that a lot of it comes from lack of experience, but given the fact that leaks around the ash door seem so common, I want to be sure all the bases are covered.

To know if in fact I have a leak or not, once I shut down all the valves, how long should it take for the grill to go out and cool down?

• 2 weeks later...

It's usually a few hours . Like at least  3 hours so you can move it safely . Takes awhile to get them to temp. Then we cook on them  for hours at a time so can not expect  the ceramic  to cool real fast . Herman