Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have a KJ 3 classic. Not sure how to install the fireboard fan...does it require the adapter plate? Does it go in the slides or in the grill. It doesn’t seem to be a great fit

Edited by Daver
Detail
Link to post
Share on other sites

The adaptor plate fits to the front of the fan. Loosen the screws on the side of the fan, remove one of the slide bars, fit the adaptor plate with the slide bars through it, pull tight to the end of the fan and tighten the screws.

 

It should then slide into the tracks on your bottom vent. It might not be a perfect fit, but just slide the draft door closed over the adaptor plate (might require a little wiggle) and you should be good.

 

Horizontally, you will get a really good fit. Vertically, you might be a little off but that's going to be due to different size bottom vents on different Kamado models. It does not need to be perfect.

 

Worst case, you or a local shop can make up an exactly sized adaptor plate for your Kamado for a few bucks. Just measure twice and cut once....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adm said:

 

 

It should then slide into the tracks on your bottom vent. It might not be a perfect fit, but just slide the draft door closed over the adaptor plate (might require a little wiggle) and you should be good.

 

 

 

Do you actually have one of these and have it in the tracks on your grill?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2020 at 10:14 PM, John Setzler said:

 

Do you actually have one of these and have it in the tracks on your grill?

 

 

Yes I do.

 

As I said before, a couple more mm in height would be perfect for the Monolith tracks, but it works great as is.

 

Let me know if you want some pics. It's dark outside now, so would need to be tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, adm said:

 

Yes I do.

 

As I said before, a couple more mm in height would be perfect for the Monolith tracks, but it works great as is.

 

Let me know if you want some pics. It's dark outside now, so would need to be tomorrow.

 

Sorry.  I thought you were using a kamado joe.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...