Classic II freestanding + cart and cover for 1499

KamadoJoe.com is advertising the Classic Joe II with the modular cart and cover for 1499. While I like the idea of the Big Joe III, I don’t really need that much grill space (also have a RecTec pellet smoker) and I really like the look of the cart.

Thoughts on this?  This seems like a great deal, but I have to admit I’m leery of pulling the trigger because it sounds like their customer service has been poor recently (possibly due to the pandemic?).

the classic 2 is $1,199. with the rolling cart. no cover.

but good luck finding one. they are out there, but kamadojoe.com has been sold out for a long time.

classic 3 is $1699

big joe 2 is $1899. BJ3 is a whopping $2500

I just got a Classic 2 last week from a local bbq place. good luck on your search.

to answer your question, I would not pay $1500 for a classic 2. I got a nice cover on amazon for $25

57 minutes ago, Misguided said:

This is with the modular cart, not the standard cart.

i didnt even know that was an option. i see it now. you have to go to the standalone classic 2 and then you can bundle all that stuff.

https://www.kamadojoe.com/collections/grills/products/classic-joe-stand-alone-ii-ceramic-kamado-grill

thats not a bad deal. i just wonder if you will get it soon, or still have to wait weeks for it to ship.

im not a big fan of that cart. but thats a personal/minor gripe. you can always buy or build something in the future.

the most important thing is being able to grill.

from my understanding the customer service is still awesome, but the waiting time to get to them is terrible. they will take care of you whenever they finally get to you.

Thanks. I should have been more clear in the title, apologies. Honestly, I’m not worried about the wait. I was set to buy one over a year ago and then my wife and I decided to look for a new house and everything got out on hold. I have some patio space on one end of the house that’s great for bbq and such, but I have no prep space. Seems like this would sit my needs well.

8 minutes ago, Misguided said:

Thanks. I should have been more clear in the title, apologies. Honestly, I’m not worried about the wait. I was set to buy one over a year ago and then my wife and I decided to look for a new house and everything got out on hold. I have some patio space on one end of the house that’s great for bbq and such, but I have no prep space. Seems like this would sit my needs well.

i think i just glossed right over the part that said freestanding. i got hung up on the price.

seems like its perfect for you. good luck with your purchase, I hope you can get to grilling soon.

• 3 weeks later...