This one was for the wife and me... there were two other vegie-less pepperoni & Canadian bacon pizzas that were consumed by my three teenager kids as well.

I see a lot of hand-wringing over making pizzas on this forum and I don't understand the reasoning. I make a simple dough and cook the dang things... you don't need any fancy science course to figure this out or a "whiz-bang" pizza accessory to successfully make a good pie on your kamado. Like I stated in the original post, get you kamado up to temp, get the pizza high up in the dome with a deflector installed for indirect heat and cook them. I think my dome temp last night hovered at 550* and my cook times were right around 6 minutes.

I guess I'm a KISS person. A kamado is a very simple rudimentary cooker that is highly functional without anything extra. Sometimes I think people over think this stuff and also purchase accessories and/or gizmos that end up being answers looking for a problem.

Edited by EZ smoke
7 hours ago, EZ smoke said:

This one was for the wife and me... there were two other vegie-less pepperoni & Canadian bacon pizzas that were consumed by my three teenager kids as well.

I see a lot of hand-wringing over making pizzas on this forum and I don't understand the reasoning. I make a simple dough and cook the dang things... you don't need any fancy science course to figure this out or a "whiz-bang" pizza accessory to successfully make a good pie on your kamado. Like I stated in the original post, get you kamado up to temp, get the pizza high up in the dome with a deflector installed for indirect heat and cook them. I think my dome temp last night hovered at 550* and my cook times were right around 6 minutes.

I guess I'm a KISS person. A kamado is a very simple rudimentary cooker that is highly functional without anything extra. Sometimes I think people over think this stuff and also purchase accessories and/or gizmos that end up being answers looking for a problem.

Beautiful words of wisdom.  Sounds like how I do mine. Great looking pie well done. 

Agree with EZSMOKE people due make things more difficult than it is. This is more than likely do to growing up in a complicated high tech world.I grew up when the Weber Kettle was the beginning of the high tech grill revolution. Kiss is always better That's why i bought a kamado it's simple and uses charcoal.

That's a lovely looking pizza!

I've been doing Nearlypolitan pizzas on my Kamado, but it's quite stressful at the super high temperatures and short cook times. I'm going to back down the temperature and take longer next time.

Slow down and look at the scenery.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...