Question about cooking brisket

I would like to try but I'm not sure about leaving it all night without on my first try and maybe burn it. I'm thinking about leaving it in the oven at night instead of the kamado.

Any one tried that before? If so, should I start it on bbq, then oven while I sleep, then back on bbq or instead start it straight on oven at night and then on bbq when I wake up?

I would say do a dry run first. Just light the Kamado and get to the temperature you want, then add some sacrificial food like some big sweet potatoes or similar. 

Then go to bed, safe in the knowledge that if you destroy it, it’s not expensive.

In the morning, see what temperature you have. Then eat lovely slow roasted sweet potatoes!

Seriously, I don’t think moving your meat from K to oven to K will be much fun, or beneficial. Just practice first and learn to trust your Kamado!

22 hours ago, adm said:

Maybe also try a pork shoulder before you dive into a brisket - it’s much more forgiving and equally tasty!

I often cook pork shoulder, I keep an eye on it the whole day. Some adjustments are required along the day to keep it at 250. 

Thanks for your advices, I'll skip the brisket for now.

38 minutes ago, Hahahaha said:

I often cook pork shoulder, I keep an eye on it the whole day. Some adjustments are required along the day to keep it at 250. 

Thanks for your advices, I'll skip the brisket for now.

Don't get too hung up about chasing that perfect temperature. have you read John's ebook?