Thoughts on this new SloRoller

LInda, I don't think there is a loss in surface area because you can still use the grate have. The difference is in the framework you put the grate on. It says you can only use the one that comes with it when you use the SloRoller.  It may have something to do with the way it fits around the hyperbolic chamber.

15 hours ago, Linda said:

Do you lose surface area with the new frate that comes with the sloroller? It looks smaller in the photos.

Can I still use the divide and conquer with the sloroller for the classic 2?? 

Every pic I've seen pushes the grate surface up at least two inches above normal. For me, that would compromise my ability to cook a 3rd or 4th brisket etc., on me second tier. I already have some difficulty fanangling things so that the temp gauge does not poke into my meat giving off flase readings.

And, it appears that you would either use the sloroller or the divide and conquer- at least it using as an accessory for the KJ or KJ II.

2 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

Every pic I've seen pushes the grate surface up at least two inches above normal. For me, that would compromise my ability to cook a 3rd or 4th brisket etc., on me second tier. I already have some difficulty fanangling things so that the temp gauge does not poke into my meat giving off flase readings.

And, it appears that you would either use the sloroller or the divide and conquer- at least it using as an accessory for the KJ or KJ II.

You will not be able to use the expander grate with the add-on sloroller.