Friday night ribs!

dylanm

Hi All!

Looks like the weather in northeast PA is starting to break for the fall.  No more scorching days.  Was a high today of mid 70's with a very slight breeze.  Beautiful day for a long low and slow.  The local market had St. Louis style ribs on sale so grabbed a rack.  A quick mustard lather then seasoned with BB Butt Rub and DP Spicy Dizzy Dust.  Fired up the KJ to about 225F with a full barrel of KJ Big Block.  This stuff is my "go-to"!  I can't always find it so when I do, I usually buy 5-10 bags just to be safe, its always huge pieces.  Through a couple chunks of mesquite in because I was out of apple.  Ran straight through for 4 1/2 hours without opening.  After that I opened and basted with Stubs BBQ sauce once every half hour until I reached 6 hours.  They came out delicious.  Not as meaty as the usual baby backs but I trimmed up before and all the extra fat rendered nicely.  Paired it with a fresh Red Lobster biscuit that my daughter baked all by herself!  Would definitely do these two dry rubs together again.  Thanks for looking!

stribs.jpg

stribs2.jpg

stribs3.jpg

stribs4.jpg

Wow!! The ribs look perfectly cooked. As they are topped with the Stubs BBQ sauce they look like a delicious meal with home-baked biscuits.

Cooking with a kamado grill has its benefits. As the food is not directly in contact with the heat it is cooked slowly and evenly. All the essential nutrients are also retained. A kamado grill is perfect for delighted and healthy recipes. 

• 4 weeks later...