The recent software version upgrade here has created a performance issue that I can't figure out.  I host this system myself through my hosting service instead of paying the stupid high fees that the software company charges to do the hosting.  Until I can find someone I know and trust who is a database administrator who understands the questions the tech support people are asking me, we are just going to have to deal with it.  I am not going to increase my out of pocket expenses any further here.  I am also going to research moving this system back to a 'free' software platform if I can find one that has a valid migration ability between this system and itself.

I noticed the performance hit right away.

If you've got the chops, phpBB is free.  I made one of the most difficult migrations...from an old html/perl software called Discus.

So, from Invision should be pretty straight forward.

That said, there are people out there that you can hire who will do the migration for you. After that...it's all free--upgrades are free, mods and additional features are free, support is free and improvements are being made all the time. Same basic conventions as any other php based forum software.

FWIW...

18 hours ago, DWFII said:

I noticed the performance hit right away.

If you've got the chops, phpBB is free.  I made one of the most difficult migrations...from an old html/perl software called Discus.

So, from Invision should be pretty straight forward.

That said, there are people out there that you can hire who will do the migration for you. After that...it's all free--upgrades are free, mods and additional features are free, support is free and improvements are being made all the time. Same basic conventions as any other php based forum software.

FWIW...

I started out here with phpBB and upgraded to this.