Infrared Thermometer Gun

jnc342

I've used them for decades (on car stuff) and while they are a good tool you have to factor in that they don't work well on shiny surfaces, so meat that's covered in a shiny sauce or dripping wet juices/fat or very clean stainless or chrome grill grates and the outside of a newish Weber won't read right.

I got mine at Harbor Freight.  And it tested right on the money with several very high priced ones when I compared it with those used by my friends at SCA competitions.

However, I no longer see them listed on HF so I looked on Amazon and this one is cheap with very good reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Lasergrip-749-Infrared-thermometer/dp/B07QZ1849H/ref=sr_1_9?crid=3HVJY1M0IQ5K1&dchild=1&keywords=ir+thermometer&qid=1601059864&sprefix=ir+ther%2Caps%2C191&sr=8-9

Tom

Like many purchases, for IR thermometers you can, at least somewhat, equate price and quality.  A quality IR thermometer will have emissivity adjustment and a way to ensure that users are not including an unintended area in the  temperature measurement.  CDN makes what I think is the perfect unit.

• Target area outlined by 8 laser dots
  • Emissivity adjustment
  • Stainless steel probe for checking internal temperature

http://cdnmeasurement.com/product/intp662-proaccurate-infrared-gun-thermocouple-thermometer/

• 7 months later...