Steve

Stevejoe

I recently picked up a kamado joe classic. Sadly, I only have access to good charcoal other than online. I know there's quite a few reviews on here, but does anyone have recommendations on where to order online. I've been using amazon, but not convinced the big block on Amazon is not banged up too much. I get mostly small pieces in the bags compared to what I've seen in video comparisons. 

• 3 months later...

Last few batched of Fogo I had sparked REALLY bad.  I have gone through 4 bags of Jealous Devil charcoal and LOVE it. I've used Big Block before, but have had issues as well buying off of Amazon.  Ive had times where I open the box for big block, and the actual bag is a totally different brand.  But right now, my fav is the Jealos Devil.  Decent sized chunks, pretty uniform in size as well.   https://www.amazon.com/Jealous-Devil-Natural-Hardwood-Charcoal/dp/B07JBKQ4BG/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1L85Q6U9VIUFB&dchild=1&keywords=jealous+devil+lump+charcoal&qid=1609170837&sprefix=jealous+devi%2Caps%2C183&sr=8-3

5 minutes ago, Beermachine said:

Atlanta Grill Company make their own store brand lump and it is good.

I doubt they make their own lump. Most likely a rebrand. The question is what did they rebrand?

I'm Jealous Devil all the way. Get it from BBQGuys.com with free shipping. 

9 minutes ago, ckreef said:

I doubt they make their own lump. Most likely a rebrand. The question is what did they rebrand?

I'm Jealous Devil all the way. Get it from BBQGuys.com with free shipping. 

Oh yes, definitely a rebrand. It is good hardwood lump and burns very much like the KJ brand. I got 4 bags, 3 were good size lump, but one was crumbs.