I made a pizza with some Italian sausage I smoked!

I used the dough recipe in John's "Why your pizza bombed" thread.

The day before, I had smoked some store-bought Italian sausages.  (First time I had done that, and they were amazing.)  Sliced a couple up and put them on the pizza with some red onions.

Sauce was San Marzanos with some chopped garlic, onion powder, and oregano, simmered for about an hour.

I intended on heating my KJ3 to about 600 degrees, but overshot it and it ended up being about 700.  I closed the vent and let it sit there for about 40 minutes to make sure everything was thoroughly heated.  I had the pizza stone sitting on a few aluminum foil balls on the heat deflectors, which were sitting on the grills which were on on the top rack.  Cooked the pizza at for just over 5 minutes.

I've just started messing with pizza about two months ago.  This was maybe the 8th I've made, and the third I made on the Kamado Joe.  Definitely the best one I've made, too.

hznKjIc.jpg

I made two others during this cook, because I had the dough and the sauce for it.  One was carnitas and pickled red onion, and the other was pepperoni, jalapeno, and cream cheese.  I didn't use enough semolina on my peel for the carnitas pizza and had to scrape it onto the pizza stone with a spatula, so it came out a bit misshapen.  Hah.

The sausage pizza was absolutely the highlight, though.

That's looks amazing! 
I have never tried out smoked sausages on my pizza. After looking at your delicious sausage pizza I would like to try it out. 
I too use my Kamade Grill for baking. The versatile kamado grill adds great smoky flavor and cook the food evenly. These are also easy to handle and clean. The cast iron kamado grills are the most durable and sturdy. They come with kamado accessories which makes cooking simpler. Use kamado grills to sear, grill, smoke, bake, and for delightful BBQ recipes.

• 3 weeks later...