Tuscan Tomato and Shrimp Soup

ckreef

A really easy soup which I've made many times in the past except this time I added grilled shrimp to give it a little something more. My best version to date. 

Tuscan Tomato and Shrimp Soup with beans and spinach. 

tbss1.thumb.jpg.5f15d75590280878deec627cb170226c.jpg

The base ingredients in the Dutch oven about to go on my 19" Komodo Kamado. 

tbss2.thumb.jpg.1fecbd64f6f21bb0827cbfc020e926f6.jpg

After it simmered for awhile I grilled some Italian marinated shrimp on the 16" Komodo Kamado using a wok basket. 

tbss3.thumb.jpg.c582bcea15259cfa23ecd6f7d735206d.jpg

When the soup was finishing up I added the spinach, shrimp and a dash or two of extra virgin olive oil. 

tbss4.thumb.jpg.bcb204c961d6573adbb0e6ddcebbc105.jpg

Dinner was served. A little fresh grated parmesan cheese and a slice of sour dough bread. 

tbss5.thumb.jpg.48e0cdfbff3fd8924fc029e830c55f40.jpg

13 hours ago, ckreef said:

I have about 10 different grills. My Komodo Kamados are the work horses in the stable. Some of the other grills are the show grills.

That's impressive! I used to have 5 different grills/smokers/ovens in my cooking area, but bought my Kamado to rationalise the collection. Now I just have the big Monolith and a Weber kettle as a spare.

3 hours ago, Ron5850 said:

What a wonderful looking soup. I just love tomato soup. And with the shrimp just  puts it over the rim. Can honestly say I am going to try this one day. 

This started in the book "incredibly Easy Italian". There was a whole series of Incredibly Easy *******. I ended up with a few of them. Great cook books in my simple world. Anywho took a staple recipe and added grilled shrimp to take it over the top. Going RV'ing for Christmas with my sister and brother in law. I think this is one of the meals I'll cook for them. 

The soup looks delicious. It is also amazing to see that you grilled shrimps and cooked the soup with other ingredients in the kamado itself. That's the beauty of kamado grills.
Kamado grills are a versatile kitchen appliance. They efficiently maintain a steady temperature for better cooking. With the cast iron kamado accessories such as searing plate, half grate, grate lift tool, etc. cooking becomes fun and easy. These kamado accessories complement all types of kamado grills for cooking delightful recipes.

Looks delicious. Sometime in the late '90s I went through a phase where I stopped eating tomatoes for a few years. (Except for pizza/spaghetti sauce.) I have no idea why I did that, and since then I have endeavored to make up for the lost time. Can't get enough of them. They don't like me very much, but I LOVE them.