Costco Canada Pit Boss K24 What is in the box?

Just placed an order online and want to make sure I have everything I need.

Does anyone know what comes in the box from Costco Canada?

So far I have ordered the following in addition to the K24:

1. Charcoal Chimney

2. Inkbird IBBQ-4T

3. Some extra felt to fix the vents

4. Some charcoal

In particular I have seen some conflicting reports on whether it includes the heat deflector. I had seen some earlier posts that mentioned that it didn't and people were having trouble finding them in Canada...then I think I saw a post somewhere that said it was now included. Anyone know for sure?

Anything else I should be getting to get started?

My favorite accessory is :

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Kamado-Accessories-BBQ-Cooking-System-Divide_60807832096.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.74.24.30ff181ew13mvs

It was weird for me to buy through alibaba, with shipping costing more than the product but it changed everything for me.

I recommend it. AU-BT -23.5 (Fit for 23.5") Is perfect fit. 

1 hour ago, Hahahaha said:

My favorite accessory is :

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Kamado-Accessories-BBQ-Cooking-System-Divide_60807832096.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.74.24.30ff181ew13mvs

It was weird for me to buy through alibaba, with shipping costing more than the product but it changed everything for me.

I recommend it. AU-BT -23.5 (Fit for 23.5") Is perfect fit. 

So that would allow you to cook low and slow on indirect heat on one side and then direct heat for a reverse sear on the other right?

Could you not just do your low and slow with the heat deflector on then mid-cook take the heat deflector off and then sear? I guess this accessory would just make it easier to pull this off right?

On 10/27/2020 at 4:06 PM, cmaxwell said:

So that would allow you to cook low and slow on indirect heat on one side and then direct heat for a reverse sear on the other right?

Could you not just do your low and slow with the heat deflector on then mid-cook take the heat deflector off and then sear? I guess this accessory would just make it easier to pull this off right?

The heat deflector is quite hot :)

I just got mine 2 weeks ago.

It includes heat deflector but leaves gap near the edges.

No covering/case included - ordered one from Amazon that says it fits Pit Boss kamado but it's a super tight fit so make sure you get the dimensions and measure it out.

I also ordered bluetooth temp probe from amazon and it's been working great.

Only problem I have is that there is some leakage of air, so even if you try to shut off your grill and stop the fire, it will continually burn the charcoal at a very slow rate. But the leakage isn't too bad tho, as I am able to sustain temperature pretty well over the long cooks.

Other than that I've been cooking with only the accessories provided and it's been pretty good so far.

Pulled pork, beef short ribs, reverse searing steaks, etc...

No problem with just using the accessories provided.

I just got it yesterday and setup the stand. Eyeing it and wondering whether my girlfriend and I will be able to lift it into the stand or whether I will need some extra help... :-)

I have read that some people take the lid off to make it lighter to pick up but I want to avoid that I think.

On 11/1/2020 at 11:11 PM, kamadoob said:

Only problem I have is that there is some leakage of air, so even if you try to shut off your grill and stop the fire, it will continually burn the charcoal at a very slow rate. But the leakage isn't too bad tho, as I am able to sustain temperature pretty well over the long cooks.

Can you tell where the air is leaking from? I have heard that adding some felt to the top vent and to the lower vent can solve that problem for some.