Just Figured Out Why Warranty Takes So Long

Gebo

I was talking to a person in the industry today.  He personally knows the founder of Kamado Joe and Primo.  I did not know that

KJ had been sold to another company.  Kamado Joe is made in China and Primo has a new plant somewhere in US. The founder of Primo

has sold his company to someone else . I wasn't paying that much attention.  Anyway, the ceramics in our grills cannot be produced in USA so that is why they are made

in Mexico (?). Some environmental mumbo jumbo.  I don't know if he was full of charcoal or had been breathing too much

smoke LOL. Primo has altered their manufacturing process of the ceramics so they can make "everything" here in the USA.

Ok, I am rambling.  Bottom line, the reason we may have difficulty getting warranty replacements or accessories is we are at

China's mercy.  Ocean travel and the Chinese virus lead to slow delivery.  This would explain why KJ legitimately doesn't know

when they will get parts in.

Just thinking.  Maybe that has something to do with our quality issues.  IDK?????

Edited by Gebo

Last time I spoke to George end of Sept last year he told me he was selling Primo to “Empire Comfort Systems” which is a US based company that has been around since the 30’s. Empire also makes/owns Broilmaster Grills.

Last time I ordered a part (March 2020) the phone was answered as Empire Comfort Systems. So unless Primo was sold in the last 7 months I do not think Primo has gone to China. BTW George was going to stick around with Empire to help with transition and quality.

Vanole, the guy that told me about Primo and KJ just called me back to set up an order.  I was mistaken.  You are correct.  I changed my OP.

His point was that both companies original owners had sold and he didn't know if Empire was a Chinese company or not.

Obviously, Primo is not owned by the Chinese.  MY BAD:-o

I don't know who owns KJ but it is made in China (me thinks)

I have immediately changed my OP.

Edited by Gebo

I have no issues @Gebobut knowing George I know how passionate he was about being made/labeled in the USA. 
Here is one for you before George had his first run of sellable Ovals he had a bunch of seconds that he sold at hugely discounted prices. A buddy of mine here in Va Beach and myself each bought one of those units. Delivery took awhile and they were delivered by George himself to our front doors and installed in there cradles with his help. That was back in the days when Primo’s were gray. 
My buddy still has his. Mine went MIA on our last OCONUS move. I much later added a Primo XL.

Keep the fires burning, I enjoy your posts.

Well let's just have a look...

"Only KJ is Chinese owned."

Kamado Joe is owned by a private equity company called Dominus Capital.  They are based out of New York.  Kamado Joe's parent company within this business ring is Masterbuilt, which is another American company based in Georgia.  

But I guess if you heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who... it must be true. 

I haven't been drinking or over medicated. LOL

KJ is made in China. I have one, so no bad mouthing from me.  I guess it's like cars.  Company is a US company but the car is made in another country.  Made in China.  

Let me try one more time.

KJ is made in China.  Is that correct?

Edited by Gebo

1 hour ago, Misguided said:

While we are at it, the virus is called COVID-19.

I will compromise and call it the Chinese Covid 19 virus.

You are misguided.  I am gebo.  

C'mon, Man....LOL