Smashed Potatoes with Parmesan and Lemon Thyme

11 minutes ago, adm said:

I'm planning to make a version of this today. But the weather is lousy so it will be in the inside oven. And I don't have any lemon thyme either so I am going to soften some onions in butter and add them to the potatoes instead.

Yeah sounds good mate! Bacon goes well with it too if you’ve got some!

Well, I did it and it was bloody lovely. No lemon thyme, so I used raw onion and fried off some chunks of pancetta.

I did it in two layers. Loads of butter in the pan, then potatoes, then onion and pancetta and some grated cheddar. Then another layer of potatoes, more butter, loads more cheddar and then a metric ####-tonne of grated parmesan and of course some black pepper.

40 minutes in the oven at 200C. My wife now wants to have your babies.... I forgot to take a picture until we had nearly eaten it all.

Next time I will try the lemon thyme and switch the cheddar out to Compte or Gruyere just to mix things up a bit.

IMG_4892.thumb.jpeg.1637045864ba96c234ab85320f17d63d.jpeg

2 hours ago, adm said:

Well, I did it and it was bloody lovely. No lemon thyme, so I used raw onion and fried off some chunks of pancetta.

I did it in two layers. Loads of butter in the pan, then potatoes, then onion and pancetta and some grated cheddar. Then another layer of potatoes, more butter, loads more cheddar and then a metric ####-tonne of grated parmesan and of course some black pepper.

40 minutes in the oven at 200C. My wife now wants to have your babies.... I forgot to take a picture until we had nearly eaten it all.

Next time I will try the lemon thyme and switch the cheddar out to Compte or Gruyere just to mix things up a bit.

IMG_4892.thumb.jpeg.1637045864ba96c234ab85320f17d63d.jpeg

Mate that’s awesome and I love your changes to it to!!!! Sensational!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 12:11 PM, chickenwings said:

Well I took a crack at it tonight...a little garlic, onions, thyme, rosemary and the zest of a lime (we don't have lemon thyme here so I made due with pantry stuff)

CAME OUT FANTASTIC, thanks again for the inspiration Pesto.

IMG_6829.JPG

Awesome work mate!!!!