My Akorn just went to the big kamado place in the sky. I'd like to get a ceramic grill. I'm looking to upgrade to a Vision it seems like a decent kamado for the price. I see there are different models that Vision puts out. Is there any particular problems with a Vision grill? Is there a model I should look more into than another?

I have a diamond cut classic B from Sams. This time of year if you can find any left at Sams you can usually get them clearance out. I can't speak for any of the other models, but mine has been great! The customer service has been ok; not great, but ok. Early on the felt on my ash drawer melted off so they sent me replacements. The cast iron charcoal grate cracked and they replaced that as well. I ended up upgrading to a Kick Ash Basket and it has been well worth the $$. This past spring my side shelves started warping and my fire bowl cracked after a high heat pizza cook and my temp gauge stopped working. They replaced all under warranty and all I paid was shipping. For the $$ it's a good buy. I use it a lot all year long as well.  The components on a KJ or Primo or one of the more expensive brands are probably better, but for me it wasn't worth the extra $$$. If and when I go to replace this one, I will probably go with one of the more expensive brands like KJ mainly bc of the extensive accessories they have. Other than that, I have been happy and would purchase it over again with no hesitation. 

I have the Classic B that is about 10yo from Costco. I bought it used for $100 IIRC about 2 years ago. I have owned a few different kamados over the years but now have the Vision and a 2016 Pit Boss K24 on the patio from Costco.

Vision is a standard Auplex import kamado with a few bells and whistles depending on the model. The standard size is 18" which is nice because all of the other brand accessories fit. For me that is one of the biggest benefits of the Vision I own because I can pick up a knock-off divide and conquer system or a Joetisserie and it should fit and work on the Vision.  I haven't had any issues with mine but I do have a cracked firebox (actually bought it that way) like just about all of them end up with, my side shelves have been swapped out because of age and the top cap vent was replaced because I didn't like the OEM version. I do have a knock-off divide and conquer set-up which adds quite a bit of functionality to the unit. All in all I really like my Vision but the PitBoss gets most of the work because of it's extra grilling space. HTH

I was looking into a Pit Boss as well. It's a little harder to find. We also really do not need the larger size. The standard 18" is just fine. It's just myself and my wife most of the time. But I'm really looking for a really great after season deal.

On 11/9/2020 at 5:29 PM, eric said:

I have Diamond cut B for a little over 2 years and it works great. I also bought to replace my Akorn, I added a woo ring to raise the grate and a Flameboss 400 no complaints!!! 

I haven't seen the diamond cut model yet. Only on the internet. I know it's the off season. But I really want to see it in person.