iKamand Has Developed a Mind of Its Own

Gebo

What is the best way to try and resolve an issue with an iKamand?  I tried to open a support ticket on the iKamand sight but

I was denied access.

Mine has progressively gotten worse to where it is messing up after a few hours of use.  When I first purchased it I only had

problems in the very beginning of a cook.  The last 2 cooks I have had weird fan and temp readings.  My iPhone loses its

ability to make changes in the input data.  Fan running wide open but showing off on phone.

Just to let you know my iKamand developed a crack in the housing. I submitted a claim, hoping to get a new blower unit.

2 weeks later I get a new complete unit in the original packaging, just like it came from the store!

In the mean time I was able to super glue the crack. I have not even opened the new one yet.

So they were real quick, hope you have the same luck

My iKamand also acts a little wonky but I have not used it enough to really see and document a pattern.   I'm currently using it on only my second KJ cookout to monitor a low and slow brisket.  I'm holding a temperture of 7 degrees higher than my target temperture but the graph shows NO fan activity over the last two hours with the Kontrol Tower opened up only about 1/4".

My guess is that some air is getting in through the iKamand even when the fan is off... OR, the fan is going on and not being logged.  The egg seems tight so I'm not suspecting a leak anywhere. 

I would think these settings would snuff out the coals.  

Does this seam odd?

16 hours ago, Gross said:

My iKamand also acts a little wonky but I have not used it enough to really see and document a pattern.   I'm currently using it on only my second KJ cookout to monitor a low and slow brisket.  I'm holding a temperture of 7 degrees higher than my target temperture but the graph shows NO fan activity over the last two hours with the Kontrol Tower opened up only about 1/4".

My guess is that some air is getting in through the iKamand even when the fan is off... OR, the fan is going on and not being logged.  The egg seems tight so I'm not suspecting a leak anywhere. 

I would think these settings would snuff out the coals.  

Does this seam odd?

Not odd at all.  You just need to close your top vent a little more.

Thanks for the replies - I hope no one thinks I hajacked this thread but I saw this "mind of it's own" topic and it described what I was experiencing.  I think my iKamand is working OK, I just wish it had a port for an external wireless antenna as I think intermittent network disconnects were part of my unit's "mind of its own" problem.

I have another question relating to iKamand - where do you all place your pit probe?  I am attaching the included clip to the analog pit thermomenter probe and looping the iKamand probe through it to let it hang from the top of the dome.   

Just curious where everyone else is putting it.

18 hours ago, Gross said:

Thanks for the replies - I hope no one thinks I hajacked this thread but I saw this "mind of it's own" topic and it described what I was experiencing.  I think my iKamand is working OK, I just wish it had a port for an external wireless antenna as I think intermittent network disconnects were part of my unit's "mind of its own" problem.

I have another question relating to iKamand - where do you all place your pit probe?  I am attaching the included clip to the analog pit thermomenter probe and looping the iKamand probe through it to let it hang from the top of the dome.   

Just curious where everyone else is putting it.

20190905_084605-s.jpg