• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you Mr. John. Yep @ckreefmight just loose a grill to the Misses. I let him think for a couple days it's his....mum's the word. Skreef is in for a steal ...  

Oh boy... I don't want the missus givin' me the stink eye!  But here's the deal.  I know exactly how well she cooks.  And I think this grill is ultimately gonna be hers and she may share it with you i

We went out hiking in the woods today and geocaching. On the way home I stopped and got some briquettes. It didn't click in Mrs skreef's brain that it was briquettes not lump. When we got home there w

Posted Images

The last "portable" grill I had was a Weber Lil Joe.  The only thing I had against it was the searing.  I could not for the life of me get that thing hot enough to sear a steak.  Gave it to my BIL, he's not as fussy as I am I guess.  Think it was an air-flow issue.  Not enough air.  Would really like to know how the searing phase of the PKGO performs.  This thing looks like something I could live with on the road.:-D

19 hours ago, BURGER MEISTER said:

The last "portable" grill I had was a Weber Lil Joe.  The only thing I had against it was the searing.  I could not for the life of me get that thing hot enough to sear a steak.  Gave it to my BIL, he's not as fussy as I am I guess.  Think it was an air-flow issue.  Not enough air.  Would really like to know how the searing phase of the PKGO performs.  This thing looks like something I could live with on the road.:-D

It's all about how much charcoal you have in it.  I like using briquette charcoal in these smaller grills because I can get more even heating as well.

That's a really nice looking portable grill. I want one. I already have a Cobb cooker, but I still want one of those.

Excellent video too. Thank you!

I would worry about the melting point of cast aluminium, but I think it's somewhere north of 1200F, so should be just fine :-)

Great video! Everything I see about this makes me happier that I have one on the way. My preorder had a shipping issue but I hope it is all resolved in the next few days.

I agree that it would likely be rare to use the flipkit but I am super happy to have the split grates. We are not going anywhere any time soon so this is an "excited for the future" purchase for me, but I look forward to learning on it from the house!

2 hours ago, 1MoreFord said:

Currently PK is showing a hibachi version and the flip kit version.  IMO it would be nice to have an intermediate version with lid too.

https://www.pkgrills.com/pkgo-hibachi/

Thats an odd move on PKs part 

In all the videos i've seen (including the Official PK one) I got the impression the "Flip Kit" was just the stand and an extra set of grates. 

I would also prefer the PKGO with a single set of Grates and a Lid so it could take over from my GA 

That having been said, I'd wager the majority of the cost in the Flip Kit would be the lid so a intermediate version would probably not be much cheaper than the full version 

7 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

Thats an odd move on PKs part 

In all the videos i've seen (including the Official PK one) I got the impression the "Flip Kit" was just the stand and an extra set of grates. 

I would also prefer the PKGO with a single set of Grates and a Lid so it could take over from my GA 

That having been said, I'd wager the majority of the cost in the Flip Kit would be the lid so a intermediate version would probably not be much cheaper than the full version 

Your impression is correct.

John I've been on the fence about buying one of these for the Travel Trailer since they were first announced. Your video pushed me over the edge. Earlier today I ordered one from Atlanta Grill Company. I've already got a tracking number and it's supposed to arrive by end of day Friday. Very excited about this. I'll give it a maiden voyage this weekend. 

When talking to Mrs skreef I did blame you and your video so you might want to sleep with one eye open for a little while - LOL B)