How bad is Kamado Joe's customer service?

zanemoseley

Sloppy, yes. Game changer, no.  The biggest issue I see with your grill is that it is too clean, you need to get grilling.  Most people are going to be more concerned with what is coming off the grill as opposed to a few cosmetic blemishes.

1 hour ago, Joe Swede said:

A video showing my new Kamado Joe Jr.

Still think I should accept how it’s looks like and accept the company’s quality check? 

If those 'blemishes' make you unhappy with the grill then I would suggest finding some other type of grill to cook on.  A ceramic grill is not for you.  

I recommend getting a refund on this grill and getting out of the Kamado market.

On 1/14/2021 at 7:49 PM, Joe Swede said:

I haven’t join this forum to bash a manufacturer. I’ve join this forum so anyone considering buying a Kamado Joe will have a second thought before placing an order.

Are you sure about this?  You have made a total of 3 posts on this forum since you joined and all of them are about your dislike of your Kamado Joe Jr.

Yes I’m sure about this. You see, I own 4 kamados. 2 Kamado Joe:s, 1 Big green and one “no name-brand”. Neither my Big green egg, my “no name-brand” Kamado or my older Kamado Joe looks like this. How come?

I’m not complaining about the function of the grill. The function of the kamados are just amazing. But where’s the quality control? And the customer services? Obvious my Big green, my “no names-brand” and my first Kamado Joes doesn’t have the same problems.

Imagine if this was a car, then you wouldn’t accept this kind of look. Or should you? 

Do you guys really think this kind of look should be accepted and expect to pay the full price for the product that looks like this? 

6 minutes ago, Joe Swede said:

Yes I’m sure about this. You see, I own 4 kamados. 2 Kamado Joe:s, 1 Big green and one “no name-brand”. Neither my Big green egg, my “no name-brand” Kamado or my older Kamado Joe looks like this. How come?

I’m not complaining about the function of the grill. The function of the kamados are just amazing. But where’s the quality control? And the customer services? Obvious my Big green, my “no names-brand” and my first Kamado Joes doesn’t have the same problems.

Imagine if this was a car, then you wouldn’t accept this kind of look. Or should you? 

Do you guys really think this kind of look should be accepted and expect to pay the full price for the product that looks like this? 

Ah, I see your problem, you're not actually using the grill to cook on

Its a videography prop for your new zoom lens, in that case, I agree, it looks pretty rough when you're at 3x zoom.

I'll bash KJ as soon as anyone else (and i own one) but I must say, you're being a real princess about this 

Who complains about the INSIDE of their Kamado?

Dude, you have too much time on your hands

Either send it back and get a refund or cook on it and go about your day

No one here cares that you're not happy about MINOR cosmetic flaws on the INSIDE of your Kamado

You look a little petty, TBH

"Imagine if this was a car, then you wouldn’t accept this kind of look. Or should you?"

That depends, do you go around a measure all the panel gaps on any new car you purchase to ensure they're all even and correct?

Do you take a magnifying glass with you to the lot and check for micro scratches in the paint?

Do you check the inside of the radiator cap to ensure its nice and clean?

Thats what you're doing here. 

If you spent half the time cooking on it as you have bitching about it, you'd not be able to notice these flaws cause most of them would be covered by the charcoal you're meant to fill the grill with

This grill is new. And should not look like this if they had any QC. It’s a question of what level of quality control and what kind of level of finish to be expected. Why haven’t my Big green egg, and my other kamados have the same cosmetic problems? 

I understand how you feel.  I got a floor model with a discount so I accepted certain "issues." 

You can clean up the calking, no problem.  But from 4:26 to 4:31 looks like a problem.

You gotta decide what to do.  If it bothers you, replace it.  You spent a lot of money, right?

I must admit I have had KJ go beyond what I expected in an attempt to please me.  They have!!

I have nothing but praise for KJ  CS. 

I will admit, based on mere observations, it seems their quality may leave a little to  be desired.

Might be their push to crank them out??? IDK???

Edited by Gebo

2 hours ago, Joe Swede said:

I think you should send it back and get something you are happy with.

and no... this dones't comare to a car for me in any way.