Miscalculation - Grill Hood Stand Up

So I noticed a miscalculation by a few inches on my grill-hut -

When I open the lid all the way it stays, but it could have gone back another 2-3 inches to be safe -
Note for those building a grill-hut - take extra measurements on room to open the lid completely -

Question is, now that the damage is done, what kind of 'thing' can I discreetly employ to keep the lid from falling when open as is.
Given true, it's not completely open that much - adding coal, letting initial fire burn, putting on / taking off whatever is grilling.

Still, I'd like to slip something smaller than a brick between it to make sure it doesn't fall on me somehow.

Any thoughts?

ps: yea I know the grill is dirty - I  use the thing about 5 times a week and have for about 10 years now ..

aamis.JPG

How about remove the slats across the inside edge on the 4 x 4's on the back. Remount them on the outside edge of the 4 by's (assuming that gives you enough room?  Or is the problem where the back of the kamado comes down on the countertop / deck?

11 minutes ago, Dogstar said:

How about remove the slats across the inside edge on the 4 x 4's on the back. Remount them on the outside edge of the 4 by's (assuming that gives you enough room?  Or is the problem where the back of the kamado comes down on the countertop / deck?

I entertained thoughts - but it would really mess with the feng-shui - ... hmmm... but wait... all the others are on the outside.... my wife would kill me because I lobbied for the inner setup -