Best buy for Temperature control system for Akorn Jr?

Hey guys, I'm looking at the DigiQ for a temperature control system for my Akorn Jr.  It is on sale now for $187 this weekend and includes the adaptor for a Jr.  Any pro or con reviews would be helpful. Any other better brand recommendations would be appreciated. I'm not seeing the usefulness of Bluetooth or Wi-Fi on the system, please explain if you do. Thanks for any insight on your experiences. 

@TKOBBQSorry if I created confusion, but I ordered the DigiQ to fit an Akorn Jr. with the adapter for a Jr.   I haven't put it on yet but it's supposed to be for the Jr.  As for the fan, I believe they are the same, but with the DigiQ control unit, doesn't it control the fan output to get the desired temp. So it could go as fast or slow as necessary to maintain temp ?? Also, what setting do you leave the top vent at for these temp control units?? Thanks again!!

On 12/18/2020 at 5:10 PM, Deadeye said:

@gordo2212Thanks for the reply Gordo. That model is exactly the one I've ordered for my Akorn Jr. Do you have any "pearls" you've learned  while using it? Anything you wish you had, do you miss the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi ? 

On 12/18/2020 at 9:19 PM, Deadeye said:

@TKOBBQSorry if I created confusion, but I ordered the DigiQ to fit an Akorn Jr. with the adapter for a Jr.   I haven't put it on yet but it's supposed to be for the Jr.  As for the fan, I believe they are the same, but with the DigiQ control unit, doesn't it control the fan output to get the desired temp. So it could go as fast or slow as necessary to maintain temp ?? Also, what setting do you leave the top vent at for these temp control units?? Thanks again!!

It's a set it and forget it system, light the charcoal with an alcohol soaked cotton ball and then let it bring it up to temp. It will hold that temp forever basically.

The top vent is cracked open, basically should be a sliver. The digi q takes care of the rest.

You are gonna have to bend the metal of the fan adaptor to fit the curve of the Akorn, pretty much it. Just read through the directions and enjoy.