RE: https://www.weber.com/US/en/accessories/cooking/charcoal-accessories/7417.html

I've used these for years and will continue to do so, but wondered if they have to live in the blister pack. I wonder if I took them out, stored them in a can or jar if they would dry up and become useless - anyone know ?

48 minutes ago, Tenkiller Lakerat said:

They won't dry up, but they will darn sure stick together if you don't store them in a cool place once you take them out of the blister pack. 

Ah good to know... starting around June 1 temps hit 100 around 9:00 a.m. and climb upwards of 115-120 by noon, then drop back down to a chilly 100 around midnight -

11 hours ago, len440 said:

If it was 120 by noon here I would be bursting into flames

We had 144 days this year ( 2020 ) of 100 degrees plus... I remember a time or 2 the past few years where they shut down the airport as temps surpassed 125... because they just aren't sure if planes can take off or land at those temps LOL ...

We get about 3 days of rain here... most of our storms are Dust Storms... google it and check out the images. We don't do 'spring-cleaning' here because this happens in the summer - we do 'fall-cleaning' to de-dust the house... it's bat#### crazy.

dust2.JPG

I use Weber cubes. I left one out for a day or so, once, and it didn't perform as fresh. It was difficult to start and didn't seem to burn as long. 

I have no idea why or what the weather conditions were, but it was likely humid here. 

It seems impossible to keep adjacent cubes from getting at least a little  fresh air once adjacent cubes are freed... 

11 hours ago, daninpd said:

That picture is very close to the meteorologists textbook picture of a Haboob, from the Sudan.  Beautiful picture, don' wanna be there.

Exactly - but this is Phoenix Arizona ... we don't get alerts on our phones for rain storms, we get alerts for Dust Storms  advising people to get indoors or pull over if driving -

What's funny is after the summer heat, when temps drop to a brisk 80 degrees... people pull out hoodies and winter coats to wear around - kills me every time I see that -

20 minutes ago, lnarngr said:

I use Weber cubes. I left one out for a day or so, once, and it didn't perform as fresh. It was difficult to start and didn't seem to burn as long. 

I have no idea why or what the weather conditions were, but it was likely humid here. 

It seems impossible to keep adjacent cubes from getting at least a little  fresh air once adjacent cubes are freed... 

Seems to be the case - yea I tried to use one yesterday that was a half-cube left out of the blister pack and it seemed to not perform so well... guess this case is closed.

2 hours ago, dman said:

That picture is certainly not Oxford Mississippi! Looks like a sci-fi or apocalyptic movie scene. I use cotton balls soaked in alcohol for starters and keep them in an old pickle jar. No melting or sticking together there. :)

No not Oxford ... been gone several years now - I suspect I shall never find myself East of the Mississippi or South of the Mason Dixon Line again -

Image is as real as it gets - google it and you'll find many - video too... kinda funky and spooky.

What's fun is driving through them. Warning signs about 'Zero Visibility'. Some areas recommended not pulling over. Others stated that if pulling over to turn your lights off, apparently so that others don't backend you. Anyway, ran into one about 3AMish driving from El Paso to Phoenix to catch a flight. Pretty scary stuff, especially the first time through. Thank God it wasn't as severe as the one depicted above. But, still a pretty harrowing experience and about 30 minutes outside of Phoenix witnessed the aftermath of one of the worst accidents I'd ever witnessed. I guess someone left the lights on and an Escalade and an 18 Wheeler mistook them for the lane...

image.thumb.png.cf50d903a74bd927f713cb68e939f15d.png