Picking Up a Traeger Timberline 1300 Today

Picking it up went fine, got it home and figured out what was wrong with it. The guy I bought it from had switched out the hot rod but instead of getting the DC version that goes on the second gen 1300 he got the AC version. So after talking it over with Traeger service I ordered a DC hot rod for it and that should fix it. Hopefully the new DC hot rod will be here in a few days and fingers crossed that is all that is wrong with it and the wrong hot rod didn't corrupt the controller. I still got a heck of deal even if I have to change out the controller but fingers crossed all I have to do is change out the hot rod. On a side note I have to replace the hopper lid screws, it appears they backed out somewhere between New Braunfels and home, but the hopper lid was still there.

You can just light the firepot manually and run it to see if the controller is working, actually you can use it to cook with if you want. The hot rod only works on startup, or if you have a flame out from low temps. This way you would know if you need to order a controller, without needing to wait for the new DC rod to get there.

18 hours ago, maroongoon said:

Picking it up went fine, got it home and figured out what was wrong with it. The guy I bought it from had switched out the hot rod but instead of getting the DC version that goes on the second gen 1300 he got the AC version. So after talking it over with Traeger service I ordered a DC hot rod for it and that should fix it. Hopefully the new DC hot rod will be here in a few days and fingers crossed that is all that is wrong with it and the wrong hot rod didn't corrupt the controller. I still got a heck of deal even if I have to change out the controller but fingers crossed all I have to do is change out the hot rod. On a side note I have to replace the hopper lid screws, it appears they backed out somewhere between New Braunfels and home, but the hopper lid was still there.

my pellet hopper had a dent when i received my D2 1300 last year.  Trager sent me a whole new pellet hopper with controler, auger, firepot, etc etc and i might still have the controller down the basement if your situation turns that way.

On 12/22/2020 at 11:34 AM, freddyjbbq said:

my pellet hopper had a dent when i received my D2 1300 last year.  Trager sent me a whole new pellet hopper with controler, auger, firepot, etc etc and i might still have the controller down the basement if your situation turns that way.

Thanks, if it does I will let you know! 

• 2 weeks later...

Curious to know what you think of it.  Everyone I know that’s in to smoking has a pellet popper except me.  A guy from work that had a Kamado until he got his pellet grill says he doesn’t like the food off it as much.  He says it’s drier and doesn’t taste as good.  But, it’s easier for his wife to use so he’s going to stick with it.  Let us know what you think.  

• 2 weeks later...