Infared Temp Gun

Grill_Boy

So an upcoming project at home will be to build another outdoor cook area - and we've decided on a further addition to host a wood-fired-pizza-oven ( ooni pro )...

I have visions of Chicken Tika Masala, Naan Bread, Sour Dough Bread, Pizza... etc

I'd like to use one of those infared-temp-gun things but have no experience with them - so of course I go to the spot where I can get info... here .!!!

Looking for the good/bad/ugly experiences you folks may have with them.

I

LOVE

MINE

its a great general tool as well. "where is that draft coming from" ::pew pew pew:: oh the window is letting air in right here

is the AC working? ::pew pew pew:: the air in the vent is 80!

is this caramel almost to temp, let me check from 10 feet away! ::pew pew pew::

is this pan warm enough to put the stuff in so it actually sizzles and just doesnt just sit there in the oil all sad? ::PEW PEW::

there are so many out there, you really can't go wrong, i have this one, like I said, I love it, this is an older model, they have new ones, but look at the reviews

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00837ZGRY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a thermoworks IR gun and also a Ryobi. I primarily use them for checking the temp of the pizza stone when cooking pizzas on my Ooni Karu. I think the Thermoworks has a higher temp range and top end than the Ryobi. They tend to read within a few degrees of each other, so they are equally accurate or inaccurate.

A secondary use is to mess with the dog. She goes nuts for the laser spot! (I am extra, extra, extra diligent to not shine the laser anywhere near her face or eyes!) 

On 12/23/2020 at 7:32 AM, Chris Topher said:

I have a thermoworks IR gun and also a Ryobi. I primarily use them for checking the temp of the pizza stone when cooking pizzas on my Ooni Karu. I think the Thermoworks has a higher temp range and top end than the Ryobi. They tend to read within a few degrees of each other, so they are equally accurate or inaccurate.

A secondary use is to mess with the dog. She goes nuts for the laser spot! (I am extra, extra, extra diligent to not shine the laser anywhere near her face or eyes!) 

Ordered my ooni pro this evening... back ordered until April, but that will give me time to finish the outdoor kitchen scene for it anyway - can't wait to get cooking on it... pizza, bread, tika masala, naan bread.... ummmmm