Napoleon Kettle added to the fleet

Daniel

On 12/26/2020 at 4:34 PM, Vanole said:

Nice addition and BTW your Mrs is a keeper.

Really like that your kettle has the two front legs. I have had kettles for years and my biggest beef has been the single front leg. Not a show stopper but it bothers me.

Hope your new grill brings you years of happiness.

The reason for the three legs is so it doesn't rock on an off flat surface. Sort of like the three legs on a milking stool. Sorry this is late I'm A slow reader

Chris no pics? 

Yes those Napoleon Apollo's are nice. My neighbor has about a 6 year old Napoleon Bullet Smoker (not sure it was called an Apollo then) thing has been through the wars too include a dip in the Chesapeake Bay and it looks as good as new. 

@len440 not worried about the rocking at all. It's the wobble of the front leg that irks me. This is my third kettle. First bought at NEX Yokosuka. Rock solid. Second bought directly from Weber had a bit of wobble but fine. This last one has the hips of a hula dancer and the wobble of a drunken sailor.

7 hours ago, len440 said:

Daniel

The reason for the three legs is so it doesn't rock on an off flat surface. Sort of like the three legs on a milking stool. Sorry this is late I'm A slow reader

Chris no pics? 

Yes sorry I actually haven’t taken any food pics it seems it always ends of really dark by the time I finish up and I haven’t really made anything picture worthy tbh - had a third attempt tonight at chicken legs.  I’m not used to how quickly briquettes burn down and I let the chimney burn too long waiting for the top to ash over which was a learning mistake. Once the smoke clears up I’m dumping them in next time. So by the time I got the chicken on temps dropped pretty quickly. Had to finish up on the gasser :( Tasted good in the end but took awhile. 

Oh and I hear ya with the 3 legged stool - but so far seems quite stable at least for where I’ve been using it.