Beef - as in Rump or Eye of Round

Grill_Boy

I've done a 2lb-3lb joint of Cornercut Topside (which I think is the UK version of that cut) a few times on the kamado and it's worked out really well.  I got the kamado stabilised as low as I could (about 175F) and cooked the meat really slowly until the core temperature reached 125-130F.  After that I took it off, opened the vents to bring up the temperature, and put the joint back on for just a few minutes - enough to get some good colour on it - then let it rest for about 45 mins before carving.

2 hours ago, Alekto said:

I've done a 2lb-3lb joint of Cornercut Topside (which I think is the UK version of that cut) a few times on the kamado and it's worked out really well.  I got the kamado stabilised as low as I could (about 175F) and cooked the meat really slowly until the core temperature reached 125-130F.  After that I took it off, opened the vents to bring up the temperature, and put the joint back on for just a few minutes - enough to get some good colour on it - then let it rest for about 45 mins before carving.

This is just how I cook that cut with good results each time, except I don't rest the meat that long. Also on bigger pieces I don't bother to remove it from the kamado, just wrap it in foil for a short period while opening the vents, and then remove the foil once it's hot, for a nice sear all over the outside. 

Depends on how you want to serve it. If slicing it has to be medium rare at most or it will be tough. Works great sliced thin and make Philly cheese steaks. I have also smoked and put it in a Dutch oven with beef stock, taters, onions, carrots, sometimes mushrooms and covered for a couple more hours till tender. Makes a killer pot roast. 

I love an eye of round roast. Just finished up leftovers today as a matter of fact. I marinade mine overnight in a soy sauce/ red wine vinegar mix. I roast it medium low heat 300-325 indirect heat to about 120. Let the grill get ripping hot and sear for about a minute per side/edge.  Let rest for 15 minutes and slice against the grain as thin as I can get.