Pork Loins today

Loins are coming along nicely today. Deflectors in place, loins on top rack. Should’ve tied them, but didn’t for whatever reason. Smoker running about 290-300. 

this is my third cook using the divide and conquer rack, and when the grates are in the top position and I’m moving food around...they fall off the rack. What am I missing here. IMO they shouldn’t be that easy to fall off the rack. As I said though, this is only my third cook on the Big Joe, but have been smoking meat for years on an Acorn. Thanks for any ideas or help

42347CF3-99CA-4F22-9FAE-4EDAD0714E3A.jpeg

9A2C668D-979A-4779-AE18-EE38E23D1BB3.jpeg

It's hard to tell for sure in the picture, but I expect that if your grates are falling off then you have them on the wrong way.  Turn them 90 degrees so that the middle of each half comes together on the support with the pin.  Then they shouldn't be able to fall off (at least mine never have).

On another note, the loins look good!

4 hours ago, AJS390 said:

It's hard to tell for sure in the picture, but I expect that if your grates are falling off then you have them on the wrong way.  Turn them 90 degrees so that the middle of each half comes together on the support with the pin.  Then they shouldn't be able to fall off (at least mine never have).

On another note, the loins look good!

Thanks for the advice, once dinner was over I went back out and sure enough, just needed to turn the grates 90 degrees. Oh, and the loins turned out great. Pulled them at 130 degrees and let them rest for a few while I ramped up the grill to about 600 and then seared the fat cap really well. It was delicious 

• 2 weeks later...

When I first got my Big Joe I had the same issue with the racks... Some things are so simple; yet, so difficult to see for yourself :)

Loins look awesome! I just thawed out 4lbs left over from a Costco purchase and need to cook them today. This may be a stupid question, but did you take out the divide and conquer racks before taking it up to 600?

fat