3 hours ago, Gebo said:

It may be surprising but I actually have a few friends in the Medical profession.  My Dr has treated 450 Covid cases.

He is not taking the vaccine.  My Mom's PA in the nursing home is not taking the vaccine.  I asked them why and 

they just smile, close their eyes and slowly shake their heads.  I don't know what to do????

My Mom is 90 and tested positive for Covid and all she got was really tired and sleepy for 4 days.  No aches,

no pains, no cough, no temp, nothing.  But all she did was sleep.  Quit eating, too. Lost 6 lbs.

My Dr who has treated 450 cases said none of the 9 nurses and 5 staff that work in his urgent care has

tested positive for Covid. Of course, they are wearing masks.  He said they use coffee grounds for the smell testing.

He also said the majority of people who go through the disease get extremely tired.  Extreme fatigue is their only

symptom.  He said if you get worse, you will have muscle aches and pains.  He said temp is a foo-foo and not a predictor.

He said in his office using the most accurate test (?) that 40% of those that test positive have no symptoms whatsoever.

Some of the ones testing positive only lose their sense of smell and/or taste but it may stay gone for quite a while.

Go figure?????

Just pointing out a few facts (I think) unless I am being lied to.

You are correct.  MOST covid patients are NOT in the hospital and NOT dying.  The problem is that you don't know if YOU are one who has an underlying condition that could be exacerbated by Covid to a life threatening situation.

3 hours ago, len440 said:

I think we are starting to get into the weeds and splitting hairs about who gets the shot and why, and who should be first in line. All i'll say is the ones who take cre of us when were sick SHOULD be first. Ok i'll get off the soap box . A few comments 

1: Thank you John for working in a hospital

2: Looking at your arm John you have to get in the sun or a tanning booth. Last time i saw an arm that pale was on a count with pointy fangs 

3 Now that you got it i guess we can have a bbq at your house 

4 Everyone out there be safe 

That's exactly who is getting it in the first rollouts.  That's why I have it.

I work in a situation where I have hands on contact with covid patients somewhere between 20 and 30 times per shift.

On 1/6/2021 at 1:42 PM, John Setzler said:

It feels about like a flu shot.  It's a little tender at the injection site.  I haven't had any side effects beyond that.

The shot I had in the Army, they didn't sit us down and say "we are going to inoculate you against...".  It was "line up in alphabetical order and roll up your left sleeve".  My one "doozy" could have been diphtheria, cholera or yellow fever.  Thanks for letting us know this one seems like no big deal.

My second shingles vaccination had me thinking that I was getting COVID. Felt like crud for two days. 

in Georgia the revised plan is to include everyone 65 and older in the first cohort along with health care workers and first responders. The new plan starts on Monday but still no specifics on how to get the darned thing. 

1 minute ago, LargeRedJoe said:

in Georgia the revised plan is to include everyone 65 and older in the first cohort

In California the plan seems to be not having much of a plan.  We have no cohorts, we have colors for counties and "Regions" based on ICU's. 

8 hours ago, daninpd said:

The shot I had in the Army, they didn't sit us down and say "we are going to inoculate you against...".  It was "line up in alphabetical order and roll up your left sleeve".  My one "doozy" could have been diphtheria, cholera or yellow fever.  Thanks for letting us know this one seems like no big deal.

My mom is 75 and she got the vaccine on Wednesday.  She is having some flu-like symptoms that started last night.  She has the normal soreness in her arm but she felt weak, tired, and achy last night before she went to bed.

My shots were at attention then in both arms at the same time with those guns. Followed by pt to " get the juice flowing" That was at PI. We got the special stuff when they sent me to the southeast Asia play ground in the 60s. On a humorus note I had to sign a waiver not to get a plague and a typhus shot to be discharged. My doozie was the gg or gamma globin we also called it good god.

All joking aside John wish your mom a speedy recovery from the shot.

12 hours ago, daninpd said:

On 1/8/2021 at 12:05 AM, LargeRedJoe said:

My second shingles vaccination had me thinking that I was getting COVID. Felt like crud for two days. 

in Georgia the revised plan is to include everyone 65 and older in the first cohort along with health care workers and first responders. The new plan starts on Monday but still no specifics on how to get the darned thing. 

Same here, from the shingles vaccine. And my wife felt even worse after hers. 

My sister-in-law has had her first covid vaccine (she is a PT for elderly), she's had no issues.

I have put Covid discussions in the same delicate  group as women's weight or age, politics and religion.

Been trained in leadership many times over and now I know what it's like to have poor to no leadership.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, JeffieBoy said:

@daninpd are you sure that wasn’t a shot for an anti-social social disease? LOL

Nah, I'm pretty sure it was Yellow Fever.  All I know is that it was like chemical warfare, It wiped my whole platoon out for a day, we were all sicker than dogs.  The Covid shot looks tame in comparison.

And the "other" shots they gave people back then were definitely not for "anti-social behavior".  It was "extra friendly" that got someone those.  As one Sergeant said before his people were going on a 3-day pass;  "Don't subtract from the population, don't add to the population.".

On 1/7/2021 at 10:59 PM, daninpd said:

When I served, at some point shortly after boot camp, they lost my medical record, and I had to get those boot camp injections all over again. I had a pretty bad reaction to the typhoid shot that made my arm pretty much unusable for a couple days.