1 cooking surface to rule them all

I'm a proud new owner of a KJ and absolutely love it. You guys here an an invaluable resource, thanks for all you do!

In researching add-ons or accessories, I've read (and watched) so much that I feel like I've confused myself.  

Is there one surface that you could purchase that would do everything?  Pizza, smash burgers, sear steaks, fish/shellfish?  

I'm not opposed to buying all the various add-ons, but some seem redundant.

I was about to pull the trigger on a 14in round soapstone, to use for pizza and everything else.  Is there anything wrong with that approach?  

Originally I was dead set on baking steel, but I don't think you can cook fish/shellfish on there....or can you?  

Also, for those who use the CI grates...do you ever use the stainless grates that came with your KJ?  Or just retire them and use the CI all of the time?

Thanks!!!

I think "Grill Grates" brand grates are awesome. I don't know about pizza on them, but awesome for just about everything else. Game changer for fish imho. But also great for just about everything else, but I would be hard pressed to suggest it for pizza.   Imho the best accessories you can get for actual cooking. (Instant read thermo and remote thermo are must haves imho, but they don't DO the cooking)

I've been using 2 x KJ pizza stones for pizza and can't fault them.  I use the heat deflectors underneath, then 2 stones one on top of the other.  Seems to give great consistency of cook.

If I were going to get one surface it would be a 15" round soap stone.  I have the half moon and don't find it all that practical.  With a round soapstone you could do smash burgers, seafood  or anything else you want to cook on a flat surface, and it could serve as a pizza stone.