The New Fireboard 2 Pro model is finally available for purchase!

My new thermoworks Signals froze up on me during what I thought was the stall on a whole pork shoulder and I’m thinking about returning it.  My question is anyone using the blower and are you happy with it?  I have the Billows for overnight cooks and I think it’s awesome but I don’t have any faith in the Signals.  I’m waiting to hear back from Thermoworks before I make my decision but I’m curious about your thoughts on this forum.

On 1/30/2021 at 12:48 AM, deity6667 said:

So far I’ve done pork ribs, beef short ribs, whole chicken, spatchcock chicken and a pork butt all using the fireboard.

Worked flawlessly each time and very happy with purchase. A temperature management system is a must if you value time as much as I do.

I guess I don't understand these..once I'm dialed in on my temp its stable as all heck.  What am I missing?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2021 at 12:24 PM, Jay Bee said:

My new thermoworks Signals froze up on me during what I thought was the stall on a whole pork shoulder and I’m thinking about returning it.  My question is anyone using the blower and are you happy with it?  I have the Billows for overnight cooks and I think it’s awesome but I don’t have any faith in the Signals.  I’m waiting to hear back from Thermoworks before I make my decision but I’m curious about your thoughts on this forum.

I am happy with the FB2 Pro + blower.  Very stable for me, truly set it and forget it.

IMG_1646.jpg

On 6/5/2021 at 1:48 AM, Combustication said:

I guess I don't understand these..once I'm dialed in on my temp its stable as all heck.  What am I missing?

If you are happy with the way things work without one then stick with what makes you happy. 

These controllers save me time by simplifying the startup process of starting the grill and getting to a specific temperature.  They also eliminate the possibility of your grill temperature getting away from you HIGH or LOW on a long unattended cook.  I used to say the same thing... My grill runs fine on its own, and most of the time it does.  But even I have had times where it didn't.  If it hasn't happened to you yet, it will.  It may or may not be a big deal.  But it's nice if you get an alert when your temperature exceeds your set limits one way or another so you can go check on it.

I’ve had several great cooks using the Signals and Billows since my near disaster.  I am pretty sure what happened was my wife brought a Bluetooth speaker outside and my phone automatically connected to it.  What I’m not sure about is why the controller itself froze up instead of just the app?  Seems like Signals should have kept on trucking even if it wasn’t connected to a device.