Kamado Joe Classic III Owner from Down Under

Newbie to the world of Kamado BBQ. 

3 weeks ownership of Kamado Joe Classic III.

So far have had varying degrees of success.

• Awesome Pulled Pork Shoulder (low and slow), finish with Foil, Towel and Cooler finish.
  • Average Brisket Flat.  First effort was on arrival day and did not allow enough time for the cook.  Was bullied into doing the cook ill prepared and results were commensurate with the rushed preparation and cook.  Second Brisket was well smoked in Kamado, having started in the oven (as per cooking school recipe which I won't follow next time).  It was over cooked, but saved by sauce.  Will not be using that recipe again.
  • First Class direct cook Eye Fillet, using reverse sear technique.
  • Disaster with home made Pizza.  Not the Kamado fault.  I need LOTS more practice with turning the dough into "proper" bases.
  • Ambitious effort to produce a Quiche.  Pleasantly surprised with the result.

Recipes and inspiration to date mainly from "Webers American BBQ: A modern spin on the classics" cookbook, and "Smoking Dad BBQ" James from Canada (and others) youtube plus sage advice from Uncle Google.

Have downloaded the Kamado Book of Knowledge ebook from John M. Seltzer following links from this forum.  Awesome looking book and just what I need as a Kamado newbie. Look forward to implementing that learning.

Looking forward to learning from the collective knowledge of the user base on this forum.

• 4 weeks later...