Is it worth having two KJ's?

I currently have a KJ Big Joe And I absolutely love it.

One thing I've been contemplating recently is purchasing a KJ Junior as well which is a little bit more portable and would be a little better for when I'm simply cooking 1 steak or a couple burgers.  

I was wondering how many of you had multiple KJ's and if you found value in having both of them.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I am on the fence currently

I was in your position 

I bought a BGE MiniMax to go with my Big Joe 

It was my go to grill for quite a while, so much so that the BJ just gathered dust until i had a bunch of people come round

Its worth doing if you already use you BJ regularly for grilling 

In terms of Portability... well, if you want a Grill you can take on the road with you, there are MUCH better options out there 

I mean, you can take a Joe JNR to a picnic, but i'd wager you'll only do it once or twice, and then you'll buy a GA or Akorn JNR 

Two big joe's. I do have need for both because I can actually max out the first fairly easily. The are at separate locations however: I keep one at the Church. When I bought the 2nd, I received the now defunct Costco Big Joe Demo Deal and received a joe jr. for free. I kept it for about a year and a half and then sold it to a cousin without ever cooking on it. It was always easier for me to just fire up the Big Joe for a cook. Perhaps if a had a table or something to bring the junior up to a decent cooking height that would have been different.

I have the BJ and a Jr.  I do about 95% of the cooking on the Jr because it's just the two of us now.  The BJ gets enough usage that I feel it was a worthwhile investment.  Pizza, turkeys, cooking with the cast-iron, which is too large for the Jr.  And like Polar Bear mentioned, there's way more better choices for portability than a ceramic even if it is small.  Looking at the PKGO right now.

I have 2 Big Joes and I couldn't be happier. I have only had them since fall, and haven't used them both at once more than a handful of times. But, when I need 2, I love it. I probably wouldn't have bought 2 Big Joe's, but under some circumstances, I just ended up with 2 of them, which is a great problem to have.

If I was buying my second one right now, I'd probably get a Classic or Jr to go with one Big Joe.

Someday I will have a second, smaller kamado for sure, likely it will be a KJ.  I can think of numerous times it would have been nice to run two different temps at once.  But I recently got a kettle for those small, fast cooks like you mentioned.  It can pre-heat and cook a meal of burgers or steaks in just about the time it takes me to pre-heat my kamado and get it up to temp.  Also weighs maybe 30 pounds, very portable if that's what you need.  Flavour and quality of food is right up there with anything I can do on the ceramic.  Just a relatively inexpensive option to think about until you get your second KJ.

Thank you all for all of your responses. 

The idea of having 2 Big Joe's sounds great because... i mean why not :) I could see a few times that i would use both Big Joe's at one time but my patio is only so big.

It sounds like everyone is happy having a second grill.  I will definitely still get plenty of use out of my big joe, no matter how i go.  I currently have a table for the big joe and depending on what i get, look at getting a larger table to told both grills.

Some of you brought up great points regarding portability.  Again this is something i am contemplating and you have all pretty much sold me on the idea :)

I hadnt thought about adding a classic to the mix rather than a junior...  THE POSSIBILITIES :)

I had an Akorn as my first kamado style grill to see if i would like it and it was great.  i did have some issues with long cooks if it was in directly sunlight during the summer with the heat since it was triple layer of metal.

@Polar Bear I am familiar with all the brand mentioned except for a GA.  what is that?

Based on what you mentioned, I'd throw out another option....(I'll play a bit of devil's advocate).  There are so many great little charcoal BBQ's out there that paying the $$ for a much heavier small ceramic does not make sense to me....

Of course, aesthetics (having little brother shown on the outdoor kitchen) etc. really also has to be taken into consideration.

In the same situation, I would choose either a weber portable...

https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/portable-grills/

or the PK Go...

https://www.pkgrills.com/pkgo-w-flipkit/

I see no value in grilling a couple burgers on ceramic.

I have a Big Joe and a Classic. I tend to use the classic more since it is just two of us and I can get it up to temp and have meat on in 30 minutes, but I still love using Big Joe with multiple racks or cooking for more family.