24” LG Kamado (Costco) Wobbly Fire Box

Mikejonce

Is anyone else having this issue? The fire box inside my Kamado is pretty wobbly and it affects the stability of the grill grates. I already pulled it out, cleaned the bottom, cleaned the inside of the main body, and repositioned it the best I could.

Any suggestions for an easy fix or ways to rig so that it’s more stable and level?

Figure out where the hi point is and remove material with either a file or  coarse sand paper. 

I had to do this with mine. 

Take your time as the material removes quickly. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok so I tried removing the material at the high spots to even it out...still wobbled. Then put some shims at the points where I thought it was low to help even out. That helped a little, but still the firebox isn’t as solid in there as I would like.

I think that it might be the bottom of the grill that’s not level but I don’t know. I see this as a design flaw. Too much space between the fire box and the grill. This allows the fire box to shift even when it’s level. I’ve seen some other Kamari’s and their fire boxes go all the way to the innermost edges of the inner part of the grill. I hope you guys can visualize this.

I’m thinking about putting some wood chunks around the outside of the firebox to keep it from moving… That’s my best idea anyway.

• 1 month later...

To be honest I would think of just putting felt on the feet of the firebox and returning it to the grill the weight of the firebox on the felt will compress the high spots and fill the low spots