Dedicated Sub-Forum for Weber Summit Charcoal / Kamado E6 & S6?

5 hours ago, SmallBBQr said:

With the Weber S6 and E6 being officially called "kamado" by Weber, and probably quite a few older Summit Charcoal owners too, might generate some more traffic and/or content from some more metal-heads...

Forgive my ignorance but what is the S6 and E6?

Only the old Summit is listed on the Weber website 

Or to put it in a more positive light, they removed unnecessary features/options from the original design and are able to provide it at a lower cost now.  A Big Joe here is $3300 compared to $2300 for the Weber S6 with table, or $1300 for the standalone.  I actually still think they are over-priced (as are all Kamados!) but they've priced them where they think they will sell.

In the words of Baby Back Maniac - if he had to get rid of all his MANY grills and keep only one, this would be it.  I sold my ceramic and just put my Keg is up for sale too.  I have an S6 coming next week. Can't wait to spin it up.

18 minutes ago, SmallBBQr said:

Or to put it in a more positive light, they removed unnecessary features/options from the original design and are able to provide it at a lower cost now.  A Big Joe here is $3300 compared to $2300 for the Weber S6 with table, or $1300 for the standalone.  I actually still think they are over-priced (as are all Kamados!) but they've priced them where they think they will sell.

In the words of Baby Back Maniac - if he had to get rid of all his MANY grills and keep only one, this would be it.  I sold my ceramic and just put my Keg is up for sale too.  I have an S6 coming next week. Can't wait to spin it up.

I was more hoping there was a decent extension to the Summit range 

I like the grills, a lot. 

If I had been able to buy one in Aus before i picked up my Big Joe, I would have and will likely get one in the future if/when I move house 

I'd just like to second the motion of a summit specific page. I just purchased mine and am waiting for delivery.  

I feel that the summit is unique in that it can operate as a Kamado as well as a kettle and thus deserves its own forum. It isn't just another BSK or Akorn. 

I’d also like to see those things get attention. I’m seriously considering an E6 (no cart) for my setup

losing the gas ignition to drop the price about $500 was a good trade

Don’t need the cart since I have a lot of stainless countertop already 

2DCB4AE0-1CEC-4E1F-BA44-E548C0F654A0.jpeg

That E6 might be a great system to have at that price point.  I'm at the same crossroads with that as the Big Joe.  I just don't have any use for a grill that big.  

Also has Weber provided a port where you can run a temperature probe into that grill? 

• 1 month later...

Also just noticed I went to change my grill type in my profile, and had to choose "Other" as there was no listing for the Weber Summit (either the original charcoal versions, or the re branded E6/S6).

On 2/25/2021 at 2:27 PM, SmallBBQr said:

With the Weber S6 and E6 being officially called "kamado" by Weber, and probably quite a few older Summit Charcoal owners too, might generate some more traffic and/or content from some more metal-heads...

I created the Weber Summit forum section and added the Weber Summit to the grill types....