Dedicated Sub-Forum for Weber Summit Charcoal / Kamado E6 & S6?

I'll take an infrared temp the next time I light it up and post you some results, but it does get VERY warm. Probably not enough to cause a serious instant burn...but it will hurt a bit if you leave skin touching for long and would likely cause a burn.  The lid is insulated (air gap) from the inside, but it does eventually get heat transfer from the inside.  My old Broil King keg could be at 700 degrees inside and you could easily touch/leave your hand on the outside...that thing was crazy insulated...if safety is your current #1 concern, you could look at the Keg, but it does have some issues (being so well insulated can make it tricky to get clean smoke profile at lower temps).

More concern for you may be the the bottom bowl (shorter kid level) where the fire bowl is...(though I often run mine with the coals way up high on the upper grates in "slow n sear" mode.  Smaller kids may be more likely to lean/touch lower down.  I'll post back in a couple days with some temp readings for you.

In general though, I am still absolutely LOVING mine...I use it as much in "Weber Kettle" mode with the charcoal up high and the coals to one side as I do low/slow and smoking - sear on one side, and then bake on the other.  Super windy all day yesterday and it just plopped along at 240 degrees doing ribs for 5+ hours.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey looking for forum with other summit kamado owners.  I bought the version without a table earlier this year and am absolutely loving it.  Only wishing I'd bought the one with the table/work center.  Now looking for recommendations for some sort of side table to make up for that error.  Any suggestions?

40 minutes ago, eric19312 said:

Hey looking for forum with other summit kamado owners.  I bought the version without a table earlier this year and am absolutely loving it.  Only wishing I'd bought the one with the table/work center.  Now looking for recommendations for some sort of side table to make up for that error.  Any suggestions?

Does yours wobble?  I have seen some complaints about that model's stand not being sturdy enough.

No one should have the wobble issue any more unless they are unaware of the warranty recall.  Of the two models of the 2nd generation Summit Kamado, the S6 (cart/table model) is, and always was, rock solid as it is integrated into the table.

The E6, when it originally came out this year, had the "wobble" issue as Weber changed the leg system from the 1st generation model (probably to save a few $$).  After owners started to complain/comment, they recalled the E6 and very quickly replaced all of them under warranty with a new leg system that was closer in design to the first generation legs.  All the wobble issues were solved and the E6 now is rock solid as well.  Unless a purchaser was completely unaware and didn't contact Weber, they might still have the wobbly legs, but Weber immediately stopped selling that version as well, so not too many made it out.

And of course, with the world-wide shipping issues going on, they are in pretty short supply as well.

1 hour ago, eric19312 said:

Many of the E6 owners have purchased stainless steel prep tables to function on the side as prep area etc.  I'll see if I can find any of their posts/recommendations - there are two popular Facebook groups for Weber Summit Charcoal/E6/S6 owners.  A very common question seen there is which one to purchase...spend the extra $$ up front on the cart, or not.  

Here are some of their recommendations:

Basically, search Walmart, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot etc for outdoor carts and you'll see a ton of them...

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Royal-Gourmet-Royal-Gourmet-PC3401S-Double-Shelf-Movable-Dining-Cart-Work-Table-with-Handle-Outdoor-Kitchen-Prep-Trolley-Storage-34-in-L-x-20-in-W-Stainless-Steel/5000894711?cm_mmc=psm-_-c-_-rtg-_-sol-_-fb-_-shp-_-0-_-0-_-0-_-royal_gourmet&fbclid=IwAR06l9ZaHYH6sjYfDrbrhAGB5fNSfuT7QYKcV75jiB8O0WC5ixUNN0DtHOs

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HJATY32/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1&fbclid=IwAR3oQ9itMBhiGy2m7Z6hc3XlXzTOOw7v7xs3y_m761yt4XwZ709Lvxa6H3k

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M87WEX4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1&fbclid=IwAR0EGHgCx80JqTyzxgZX_qXR-xOVn1ec3KMxwsA1tQEj6Hg8uSh80RRY0Nk

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Modern-Stainless-Steel-Table-Cart-with-Sleek-Tabletop-and-Adjustable-Lower-Shelf/720473247

• 3 months later...

You will have no difficulty at all getting the individual components through.  As you noted, the largest piece will be the lower bowl section and it is no where near 60cm in depth with the other components off (ash catcher etc).  (I just measured mine to make sure).

IMPORTANT!!  MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THE TWO HINGE SPRING SAFETY BOLTS!!  If you ever need to disassemble the unit, you need those two bolts to lock down the spring assembly again!