Kamado Joe Kettle Joe - Coming Soon

John Setzler

20210226_KettleJoe.jpg

The Kamado Joe Kettle Joe will be hitting the ground here in March.  There are some additional photos of this grill here:

https://atlantagrillcompany.com/collections/kamado-joe-1/products/kamado-joe-kettle-joe

I will be making video content on this grill as soon as I get one.  I am quite excited about the possibilities this grill will offer...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that the Kettle Joe may actually end up being a BETTER smoker in some ways than the Kamado in that being LESS efficient, it will burn more fuel - which could translate into a cleaner smoke profile.  Really looking forward to a review on this unit!

23 hours ago, SmallBBQr said:

Guaranteed there is a new accessory coming....the design is already there to just replace the sloroller insert with a rotisserie insert....

This^^^

Why sell people one Rotisserie attachment when you have the option of selling them 2...

I don't know. Seems like a kettle at this point. Is it insulated at all? I see the ceramic which makes for a nice bit of heat retention (nice heat spring recovery)

If not, I think I'd prefer just rolling a Weber 27 with SnS

Seems like they might be undercutting the Weber Summit in the "non-ceramic but still kind of kamado space"

Although I hope they come out with a black one - I don't like KJ red despite loving my little Jr.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got my eye on this as a grill for my in-law's house in Florida. I had been thinking of something lighter (e.g. Akorn) because I'll need to schlep it from a screened patio to an outside sidewalk but this has a lot of appeal, not only because it's lighter than a kamado but also because of the larger cooking surface and the add-on SlōRoller.

I also wonder if accessories made for the 22-inch Weber Kettle will fit this new Joe, such as the Hovergrill or the Rotisserie? And which ones are probably rendered moot by the design of the Kettle Joe, such as the Slow and Sear insert?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 11:37 AM, LargeRedJoe said:

I've got my eye on this as a grill for my in-law's house in Florida. I had been thinking of something lighter (e.g. Akorn) because I'll need to schlep it from a screened patio to an outside sidewalk but this has a lot of appeal, not only because it's lighter than a kamado but also because of the larger cooking surface and the add-on SlōRoller.

I also wonder if accessories made for the 22-inch Weber Kettle will fit this new Joe, such as the Hovergrill or the Rotisserie? And which ones are probably rendered moot by the design of the Kettle Joe, such as the Slow and Sear insert?  

Well, I found a photo....somewhere...that showed the Weber rotisserie on a Kettle Joe, so - asked and answered!