Soapstone flat or bumpy?

I've been looking for an answer on this forum and Reddit but just can't seem to find it.

I recently purchased a soapstone surface for my big Joe 3 on clearance at Lowe's.  However when I examined it at home the surface seems smooth but has creases or ridges in areas.  It is almost as if two pieces of stone were put together in some places creating this effect.

Is this to be expected?  Am I looking for perfection where it doesn't exist?  My fear is doing a steak and having non brown areas where the meat contact is low around these creases.  

First time poster, long time reader.  Any thoughts appreciated.

• 7 months later...

I just saw this for the first time.  Mine also had a flaw, that eventually cracked.  The steaks, fish, hamburgers and veggies came out perfectly.  Yours should be the same.  No worries and just cook with it.  By now you probably have and I bet you are glad you did.  Update, will ya?

The stone might have natural seams in it.  And, any thin piece of stone or ceramic, as it is heated and cooled and especially if subjected to very high temperatures, might eventually crack.  But you can just set the cracked pieces beside each other and keep on using it.