Its been a long cold wet winter for us, and although as many do on here I grill year round, recent warmer weather has really been brightening my mood. Over the past few months I'd run out of or low on several go to rubs. My nice offset umbrella was broken when I left it up overnight and we had some unexpected wind gusts. And we've had soooo much rain.

This past week though I've been getting ready for warmer sunny weather, and looking forward to more pleasant evenings and grilling good food.

I replaced the umbrella (the second to succumb to winds) with a new 'grilling gazebo'. It doesn't provide quite the coverage, but it looks a lot better and has held up to a few breezy gusty days, so I have high hopes for it! Since it is pretty much up all the time, I've got a better solar lighting arrangement, and night time cooks have been so nice!

I've just restocked on a bunch of rubs and other goodies. A pick seven order from Dizzy Pig for some of my family's favorites, some staples from Penzeys like bay leaf, taco seasoning, etc.. And some new things from Atlanta Grill Company, Sherpa rub and Farm Sauce that I've wanted since seeing them on some of John's videos, as well as a couple of other new rubs and sauces to try.

Better weather, vaccines (not for us yet though),  spring time...things are looking up. 

Anyone else getting ready for the coming months? For the first time in a long while it really feels like we are turning a corner, and for me, grilling days are happy days:)

4 hours ago, O C said:

Its been a long cold wet winter for us

Sorry, I couldn’t get past this part without lol.

Today was -12c with windchill and by all accounts this has been a very mild winter for us northern folk.  I did some back ribs last weekend.  It was a balmy -7c.  We have two seasons in Toronto, winter and construction but we grill during both.  :-D

2 hours ago, Struja said:

Sorry, I couldn’t get past this part without lol.

Today was -12c with windchill and by all accounts this has been a very mild winter for us northern folk. 

I used to work with a guy from Maine and asked him about the weather there,  He said "We had four seasons, Fall, Winter, Spring and the 4th of July."

Lol, I reckon my cabin fever is running a little high! We've had a few dry days lately in the 70's, and I have literally been holed up in my basement with a lot of work the past several months.

I guess up north you aren't quite in the 70s yet :)

My daughter spent a year up in St. Catharines Ontario, she did tell us about the long cold winter...but it sure was beautiful up there when we visited her the summer before last. I was impressed by how green everything was, and the weather was awesome. 

Was nice to get my order from Atlanta Grill Company so quickly.  Decided to use the goodies today.

The star of the meal was the shrimp. Dusted with AGC River Street Seaboard, on the grill for 15 minutes and mopped with AGC White Sauce. Oh my, I cannot wait to make these again, they were so good!

ShrimpandThighs.jpg.8bbde56154b449d0696ace684389030d.jpg

I also did skinless/boneless chicken thighs dusted with AGC Himalayan Sherpa and finished off with The Farm Sauce. Based on a video John did of some wings on a Masterbuilt Gravity 1050. They turned out pretty good. I think crispy wings would have been better than the thighs. Probably needed to get a bit more char on them.

I reckon push come to shove I grill daily... on average... sometimes twice a day be it a few quick dogs or a small burger before something better in the evening, so averaged out - at least once a day one of my grills gets fired up. Then again dead of winter here is about 60 degrees so there ya go... mid summer... 115+..

I hear ya about the wind and the rain this winter, I ended up putting a canopy over my grills on the deck so I didn't have to get drenched while cooking.  Now I am strongly considering pouring a concrete pad in my backyard and putting up a gazebo to be my "grill/smoke shack".  With spring in the air, I'm getting grill fever and looking to add to my collection, but I know that will get me kicked off the deck, so installing and customizing the gazebo seems like my best option.