VA Geezer Covid Vaccine

I got a email from the VA that I was eligible to get "THE SHOT" because I own a Kamado (or maybe something geezer related).  So I'm going in Friday morning to do what John, who posted pictures of his hairy arm, did.  I'm not going to take pictures like he did, and if you don't hear from me again......

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some advantages to being old, and I resemble the geezer classification. Although I did tell the nurse that stuck me, I was cooking dinner on a Big Green Egg, and she smiled, so maybe Daninpd, was righ

I got a email from the VA that I was eligible to get "THE SHOT" because I own a Kamado (or maybe something geezer related).  So I'm going in Friday morning to do what John, who posted pictures of his

Actually I believe I read on the internet where Dr. Fauchi  said burritos with chillies were 95% effective against the virus. It's got to be true, it was on the internet. 

Posted Images

Daninpd

Still with us???????? Got mine at the Cleveland Clinic Tuesday. So far so good but then i survived agent orange spray  (I think the effects were nullified by the Chemical cocktail we drank called water for 2 years at Camp Lejeune). Hope to see you posting soon

Some advantages to being old, and I resemble the geezer classification. Although I did tell the nurse that stuck me, I was cooking dinner on a Big Green Egg, and she smiled, so maybe Daninpd, was right all along.  We, my wife and I ,  got both doses of the Moderna. The reaction to the second dose was stronger than that for the first dose. I had body aches and felt low enegry while my wife had body aches along with  a low grade fever which seemed to concentrate on her eyes, the palms of her hands, and the soles of her feet. Super smart medical friend said a mild reaction to the vaccine,  is actually a good sign, signifying that your immune system is up and working, also something that diminishes with age. Stay healthy and keep cooking  my friends. Grace and Peace. 

5 hours ago, SmallBBQr said:

We are finally able to register to get a shot here in Alberta, but I still have to wait a week or so still as they are rolling it out by birth year...older getting to go first.   This is for the AstraZeneca version.

Quebec is down to 70+ now and moving to 65+ next week. I'm in my 40s and working from home. I will be waiting a while for my turn (but will be first in line when it finally is my turn)

Well, 12 hours later:  nothing.  It hasn't made me sore or any less annoying.   They did a great job with lectures and a folder of information about everything you could possibly expect to happen.  That's your panic reading material while you sit there for 15 minutes waiting for the worst to happen. 

Then left and got a burrito.

Glad to hear it went well! My folks just got their first jab of the Phizer - second jab June 28. Its such a relief to me that they are safer than they were before

Hopefully, my turn will end up ahead of schedule (September-ish) as we now have a lot of doses arriving 

My wife just got her first dose with moderna Friday morning. My group not available yet.

24 hrs later she feels fine, not even much pain in her arm.

Now down at the OBX for a short anniversary weekend away :)