VA Geezer Covid Vaccine

daninpd

19 hours ago, daninpd said:

Well, 12 hours later:  nothing.  It hasn't made me sore or any less annoying.   They did a great job with lectures and a folder of information about everything you could possibly expect to happen.  That's your panic reading material while you sit there for 15 minutes waiting for the worst to happen. 

Then left and got a burrito.

Actually I believe I read on the internet where Dr. Fauchi  said burritos with chillies were 95% effective against the virus. It's got to be true, it was on the internet. 

My Horseshoer's wife (Dental Hygienist) said the information passed around her office said to take a Tylenol before and after your second shot.  She did and had no problem, I'm going to take her advice a month down the road.

Province of Ontario just announced that because the single shot A-Z vaccine is not recommended for over 65ers, they are going to open up special clinics for 60-64 then begin working downwards from there.  We are just into the first group.  We are going to have to make a call.  Take the AZ version now (with lower efficacy and discussion of blood clots) or wait 4 months (or more) to hold out for the two shot offering. Hmmm...

Yeah, my wife was scheduled this week for the A-Z version, but now with the blood clotting discussion, she is having second thoughts about waiting.  We are pretty isolated so thinking things over - low risk of contracting overall.  I am not up in the line yet (she is a few years older than me).  So, yeah....Hmmmm is right.  I have not heard what Alberta Health Services has officially said about the issues yet. 

3 hours ago, SmallBBQr said:

Yeah, my wife was scheduled this week for the A-Z version, but now with the blood clotting discussion, she is having second thoughts about waiting.  We are pretty isolated so thinking things over - low risk of contracting overall.  I am not up in the line yet (she is a few years older than me).  So, yeah....Hmmmm is right.  I have not heard what Alberta Health Services has officially said about the issues yet. 

Yeah, I have been hearing about that, that would be a worrisome decision. My wife and I got the Moderna and other than the usual stuff, had no issues. We are praying that all the vaccines work in everyone vaccinated and there are no serious or lasting side affects. 

I think that we will enquire about the wait time if we decide that we want the two shotter.  If it’s September as True-doh! suggested originally, then we will go for the A-Z. If it’s June-early July, then we might wait it out.  We would really like to consider some interprovincial travel later in the summer.  If the provinces open up, we want to be prepared.  We will most likely defer a visit to our time share on HHI for next year as well as some possible Euro destinations.

Covid Fun Fact: We found out that KN95 masks are actually washable, by mistake. I had a used mask in my pocket and meant to throw it away, but forgot. The shirt went in the wash, and when she unloaded the washing machine my wife found it. It was in tact and clean, she set it out to air dry. It came out almost new.  Who knew:)

IMG_1698.thumb.jpeg.ab7dab6e207ad79516415130b1af2ff3.jpeg

IMG_1699.thumb.jpeg.4b27c885a82d13b7e9d2f9249f475f9b.jpeg

30 minutes ago, keeperovdeflame said:

Covid Fun Fact: We found out that KN95 masks are actually washable, by mistake. I had a used mask in my pocket and meant to throw it away, but forgot. The shirt went in the wash, and when she unloaded the washing machine my wife found it. It was in tact and clean, she set it out to air dry. It came out almost new.  Who knew:)

IMG_1698.thumb.jpeg.ab7dab6e207ad79516415130b1af2ff3.jpeg

IMG_1699.thumb.jpeg.4b27c885a82d13b7e9d2f9249f475f9b.jpeg

As a woodworker, I can tell you that the filter loses some of its capabilities but still tends to work well enough to be worth washing when its shot

I can barely smell the wood dust with a new one, but can smell stronger with a washed one, but don't get dust boogers. Guess is that the holes get ripped open a bit wider than N95 spec

10 hours ago, daninpd said:

I thought the thought police around here was about politics.  I don't consider IQ to be political.  I guess I'll find out.

Considering IQ to be political is political because it assumes the other side is dumb

and let’s be honest, there are more than enough dumb idiots to go around 

Alright, please let’s not go off on a tangent that’s bound to not end well. 

Back to the spirit of the original post...  here in Wyoming (at least in our county) they opened up the eligibility criteria quite a bit late last week. No geezer card required.  Mr. KK and I signed up right away and received our first doses of the Moderna last Friday. 

Kismet Glad you and Mr KK got your shots my wife ( due to fear for my safety i WILL NOT refer to her as Mrs Geezer) received her second shot of pfizer last Tuesday and is doing well i get my second next week. Due to a 3 year  difference in age the Cleveland Clinic couldn't do us together. Glad you brought us back to the topic