If you can have only one Portable BBQ Grill, gas or charcoal!

Scott Roberts

If you can only have one grill and it has to be a portable one, what grill would it be? It can be something you already own or been eyeing but it has to be portable!

Mine would be the Cobb Grill Kitchen in the box this grill can do it all for up to 4 people.

Scott

Cobbgrillchicken.jpg.4a701e666c1a287461cdf7592e4e6b1d.jpg

Edited by Scott Roberts
Added Photos

Portable? Only one?

Weber Jumbo Joe. Light enough to be easily transported, not going to shatter if (when) I knock it over, tons of accessories for the 18 inch size, and easily modified to suit my needs

A portable pellet has a place

So does a small Kamado

But 18 inches of goodness, with a slow n sear inside.... if I'm stuck with one, that's the one for meIMG_6080.thumb.jpeg.924b23586d556522970f98ca77385cc5.jpeg

4 minutes ago, JeffieBoy said:

Love my Akorn Jr.  It goes on fishing trips across Ontario with me regularly. 

BDDD91E0-9D5D-479D-999B-DE78BCA786F8.jpeg

Still looking for one of those. Nobody seems to have them in Canada. Where did you get it?

I bought mine at a Hardware store in Michigan.  My Sales rep in Sarnia crosses over weekly at least (pre pandemic).  He offered to grab one and carry it to my office.  It was great.  $129 USD on sale, no shipping or HST... delivered to my desk. Gotta love friends!  

BTW - He did the same for a Carbon Fibre Bike that I bought in California.  Free shipping via Fedex within USA.  Shipped it to his drop box in Port Huron. He carried it back and delivered it.  He thought I got ripped off, the box was so light.

They are also available at Home Depot over the border.  Most likely not stocked, but they will ship to the closest store to you.  I just looked them up at HomeDepot.com.

4 minutes ago, JeffieBoy said:

I bought mine at a Hardware store in Michigan.  My Sales rep in Sarnia crosses over weekly at least (pre pandemic).  He offered to grab one and carry it to my office.  It was great.  $129 USD on sale, no shipping or HST... delivered to my desk. Gotta love friends!  

BTW - He did the same for a Carbon Fibre Bike that I bought in California.  Free shipping via Fedex within USA.  Shipped it to his drop box in Port Huron. He carried it back and delivered it.  He thought I got ripped off, the box was so light.

They are also available at Home Depot over the border.  Most likely not stocked, but they will ship to the closest store to you.  I just looked them up at HomeDepot.com.

Alas. Maybe when this is all over. I have a mailing address in upstate NY but can't get to it

I've had numerous Akorn Jr's in the past and a Primo Oval Jr with GO cradle. My latest portable charcoal grill is the PKGO. I also have a 2 burner CampCef with professional griddle. I plan to buy the artisan pizza box for the CampChef in the near future. 

I saw one of the larger PK products at a BBQ place locally.  The owner was kind of a butt head and hassled me for asking him questions about it.  I walked, but not before coming to the conclusion that I liked the quality.

1 hour ago, ckreef said:

I've had numerous Akorn Jr's in the past and a Primo Oval Jr with GO cradle. My latest portable charcoal grill is the PKGO. I also have a 2 burner CampCef with professional griddle. I plan to buy the artisan pizza box for the CampChef in the near future. 

Ok you can only have one, which one is it ckreef?

2 hours ago, Webber_Grills said:

Portable? Only one?

Weber Jumbo Joe. Light enough to be easily transported, not going to shatter if (when) I knock it over, tons of accessories for the 18 inch size, and easily modified to suit my needs

A portable pellet has a place

So does a small Kamado

But 18 inches of goodness, with a slow n sear inside.... if I'm stuck with one, that's the one for meIMG_6080.thumb.jpeg.924b23586d556522970f98ca77385cc5.jpeg

My second choice is my Jumbo Joe and I also have the SNS for it!