New costco 24" grey Louisiana grill

I just ordered a new 24" kamado Louisiana grill 24" from costco, its currently back ordered but should ship soon. Has anyone seen the new grey ones in person. It looks like it has a new style gasket from the pics. I read about a new hinge too but have never seen one. I have a couple of the older pit boss/Louisiana grill kamados and have no complaints.  I did the extra sealing right away and also used loctite on all nuts. Looking forward to getting the new one. The grey looks nice.

I haven't seen them.  But a grey Kamado sounds like a beaut!  I have the red one from last year.  Got at Costco and it came with grill cover, "nest", charcoal tool, side tables, and double decker grids.  Aside from the temps being a bear to control (and that likely is user error) I have absolutely no complaints.  Wait...I can complain about one thing.  The magnetic closing mechanism.  It's awesome, but when you reach in with metal tongs it grabs you pretty good!

Was at Costco last week and saw a red one.  It has an air hinge like the KJ but instead of a latch like the KJ, it has magnets to hold the lid down.  Am wondering if the magnetic latch is available as an order item because I found it more to my liking than the one on my BJ, and it looks like, (without measuring) it would be just a swap out.  

Yeah this new grey one will have the magnetic latch and cover. I'm really hoping it comes with the heat deflector like my pitboss 22" did. It seems like most of the Costco ones come with cover and heat deflector. 

8 hours ago, IMAVGAN said:

Magnets on grills????

I thought magnets & heat don't mix well........

Well it's just a magnetic closure where the spring loaded shock absorber used to be. Won't see much heat being on the outside like that.