Looking for recs on WiFi probe thermometers

Been happily using a wireless Thermpro for a few years but it's starting to break down. I'm looking for a WiFi (not Bluetooth) probe thermometer with solid customer service backing, good weather resistance, and 4 probe capabilities. I think most people use the Inkbird but the Tappecue also looks interesting to me. I don't use an electronic vent controller so that's not required out of the box. Thanks for any suggestions.

I hated my Inkbird. The app is (or was) rubbish. It was cheap and it worked though.

I used to love my Maverick ET73s, but they weren't wifi. I used them for many years. Short range.

I tried the Meater, but decided it was a piece of crap after two of them died on me in the middle of cooks.

Then I bought the Fireboard 2. It's been truly excellent and I would highly recommend it. It is expensive, and I would also recommend getting the Drive version up front. Even if you don't plan on using computer control right now it gives you the option in the future. And if you do that, you can control your Kamado from the other side of the planet if the need strikes you. I've done about 150 miles away....it's nice to be able to add another 10 or 20 degrees to your temperature so you know the food will be done when you get home.

6 probes. Wifi. Massive battery. The only downside is that I wouldn't want to leave it out in pouring rain by itself (it does say it is pretty water resistant - but lots of probe ports), but a ziplock bag over it solves that issue.

On 3/30/2021 at 4:45 PM, adm said:

I hated my Inkbird. The app is (or was) rubbish. It was cheap and it worked though.

I used to love my Maverick ET73s, but they weren't wifi. I used them for many years. Short range.

I tried the Meater, but decided it was a piece of crap after two of them died on me in the middle of cooks.

Then I bought the Fireboard 2. It's been truly excellent and I would highly recommend it. It is expensive, and I would also recommend getting the Drive version up front. Even if you don't plan on using computer control right now it gives you the option in the future. And if you do that, you can control your Kamado from the other side of the planet if the need strikes you. I've done about 150 miles away....it's nice to be able to add another 10 or 20 degrees to your temperature so you know the food will be done when you get home.

6 probes. Wifi. Massive battery. The only downside is that I wouldn't want to leave it out in pouring rain by itself (it does say it is pretty water resistant - but lots of probe ports), but a ziplock bag over it solves that issue.

I have had the opposite experience. I have had the Buletooth IBT-4XS for a long time and it has been a great unit. It still works great and the range is very good, for Bluetooth. I wanted a second setup, for when I am doing multiple cooks, so I got the new Wifi IBBQ-4T last year. It is even better than the 4XS, due to the Wifi and it's probe connections are designed to be water resistant. I think the build quality is good and you get a lot for your money. Everyone's experiences will be different but I think it's well worth considering for anyone looking for a good remote temp system.