Cheapest "Divide and Conquer" I could find (Amazon) £89

mickeyhiggins

Hey all. Living in Scotland and well getting the ole Kamado (Early model Pit Boss K24) going and was looking for a cheap divide and conquer setup. Getting compatible bits for a non-KJ grill is a bit tricky in the UK and the price is bat sh!t crazy but I came across the brand Onlyfire but not the one listed for a Kamado as it seems they carry a premium price due to Kamado branding.

Looking at many of the kettle grill versions there was only a 1/2" difference in size I can't believe that a factory would run off different models in 1/2 sizes not exactly a pair of shoes. Anyway, the "Onlyfire BBQ Cooking Grate System Fits for 22.5" Weber Kettle Grill and Other Similar Size Kettle Grills" fit perfectly in my K24 and cost £89.

Hope this helps some UK Kamado users.

Currently modding a stainless steel bowl as a cheap ash collector, but can't get my head around a £60 basket for charcoal....couldn't I use a cheap deep fryer chip basket??

Now next purchase Rotisserie that fits, anyone with a suggestion as I can't justify £200+ 

Mickey

PXL_20210402_072252519.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210402_072116772.jpg

PXL_20210402_072326760.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hi @mickeyhiggins

thanks for posting this and photos! im after a D&C as im not happy with the stock grate setup. 

long shot, do you know how much this would differ from a generic Kamado D&C setup?

ironically, i had this in my amazon basket already for my Weber! so if it doesnt differ much i might just order it for both the weber and the LG24"

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...