Been Busy Lately But I Did It Again

ckreef

I swore off buying new grills so I couldn't do that again but I never said anything about a new truck. 

Me and Mrs skreef wanted to get a bigger trailer (a 5th wheel) and our Nissan Titan was not going to cut it. Back in January I started looking around for a HD truck. Ended up doing a factory order of a Ram. From order date to dealer delivery was about 11 weeks. Here she is:

Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 crew cab, short bed
Laramie lv1, towing technology package, bed utility package, and 5th wheel/gooseneck prep

GVWR 11,000
Max Towing 14,525
CCC 4025
GCWR 21,500

3500full.thumb.jpg.d3caeacbfe54cbaf58690638fb7a5e87.jpg

3500badge.thumb.jpg.1546021c48e0f50e09567f095cf323e1.jpg

3500interior.thumb.jpg.2813f13658d3ec8cb95f0d63392210ef.jpg

Nice looking ride had my RAM for a few years with zero problems (except when i got kissed by a semi ) rides nice. I just wish they could get rid of the shark fin. Can Mrs. Reef reach the peddles? 

Thanks everyone. We pickup a new 5th wheel this coming Saturday :)

Mrs skreef looks really small in the picture. She's not that small the truck is that big. Way bigger than our Nissan. Mrs skreef loves driving big trucks. She drives it to work every day. 

We did get a challenge cook done this past Sunday. Just need to find time to post it. 

I am pretty confident you will like your RamTruck, I have a 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie, my cab looks similar  to  yours,  my wife and I find it an extremely comfortable truck, luxurious even. I call mine the Cowboy Cadillac. Enjoy your new rig, looks like a very capable hauler, I have 75,000 miles on mine and never had a significant mechanical issue. . 

@keeperovdeflame

Yes the Laramie trim is definitely getting into the luxury end of the spectrum which is why we got that trim package. Of course yours is a much smoother ride and I don't even want to talk about my mpg - LOL. But we did buy a hauling truck so the ride and mpg is what we were expecting. 

Yeah, different trucks for different jobs. My trucks main upside is that it gets an honest pretty close to 30 mpg on the highway on relatively level ground, and down to 18 or 19 around town and in the mountains. I generally average around 22 to 24 mpg.  But my 3 liter diesel is more akin to a 6 cylinder in terms of towing power, so medium boats and lite trailers only. I would have to get a new truck to haul a 5th wheel and we have actually talked about that. If we had a rig like yours, we would travel and camp a lot more than we do. I am sure among heavy duty trucks your Rams ride and mpg  is above the norm, while still being stiff and thirsty like all the big boys, just the nature of the beast. Enjoy your new truck. 

5 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

I spy with my little eye dual USB-C and dual USB-A ports. Well thought out. No fighting over who gets to charge phones on long hauls... Nice truck

USB ports in the front are both charging and connection ports for Android auto/Apple car play. USB ports in the back for charging. They have 110v 400 Amp outlet in the front, the back, and in the bed. What's really strange is they only have one 12v  cigarette lighter style port in the front on the upper dash area. Fortunately it's right where I need it to plug in my rear trailer observation monitor. 

I also have 6 up fitter toggle switches (and associated wiring) for when I want to wire in other 12v items. 

They are nice riding trucks I have 80,000 on mine been to Calif 3 times Florida 4 times and a lobster run to Maine. Still rides nice and like Ck says you don't buy trucks for mileage especially a 3500 . Just wish Ram would get rid of the round gear shifter, mine is about the same size as the fan control and when I first got it more than once I grabbed it by mistake . Are you ready for a test on the owners manual?  

On 4/15/2021 at 6:53 AM, len440 said:

Just wish Ram would get rid of the round gear shifter, mine is about the same size as the fan control and when I first got it more than once I grabbed it by mistake . Are you ready for a test on the owners manual?  

I actually like the round gear shifter,  handy but out of way and does not take up any additional space on the console. I really like the down gear shifter on the steering wheel cross bar, really nice on down the  mountain roads. 

5 hours ago, len440 said:

They are nice riding trucks I have 80,000 on mine been to Calif 3 times Florida 4 times and a lobster run to Maine. Still rides nice and like Ck says you don't buy trucks for mileage especially a 3500 . Just wish Ram would get rid of the round gear shifter, mine is about the same size as the fan control and when I first got it more than once I grabbed it by mistake . Are you ready for a test on the owners manual?  

Well the dealer did send me a link to a collection of videos that covers area of the manual. Was actually very helpful. 

I like the round knob shifter. I'm still trying to grab my Nissan shifter but I'm slowly getting used to it.