Hello from Massachusetts

massageguy

HI!  Mike here. 

New kamado owner.  I bought a Vision Pro-S and have done about 4 basic cooks on it. 

Getting excited to venture off into more longer cooks and interesting cuts.

See you around!

16 hours ago, massageguy said:

HI!  Mike here. 

New kamado owner.  I bought a Vision Pro-S and have done about 4 basic cooks on it. 

Getting excited to venture off into more longer cooks and interesting cuts.

See you around!

What's up bro? I lived in Woosta till about 4 years ago. Up by the airport. Welcome to the guru. Where abouts in the Woo do you live?

On 4/15/2021 at 7:04 AM, prowe said:

What's up bro? I lived in Woosta till about 4 years ago. Up by the airport. Welcome to the guru. Where abouts in the Woo do you live?

Hey!  I'm in upper Burncoat area for about 13 years now, previously in the Lake Ave area near UMASS MED

Welcome, massageguy,  glad to have both you and your Vision Pro S with us. I actually learned to kamado cook on a Vision Pro C, which is pretty much identical to your pro S except for the knob configuration and the shape of your ash drawer assembly. Very fine grill and an extremely capable cooker. I cooked on mine for about 4 years and then decided I wanted a traditional vent configuration with the bottom slider, and got a Large BGE. An interesting fact is that the large BGE and the Vision Classic and Pro series are almost exactly the same size. I continue to use a Ceramic Grill Store Adjustable rack in by BGE that was actually  designed to fit in a Vision. Lots of BGE and Vision accessories or after market accessories with fit both grills. Happy cooking and enjoy your new grill and the forum conversation as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 6:03 PM, keeperovdeflame said:

Welcome, massageguy,  glad to have both you and your Vision Pro S with us. I actually learned to kamado cook on a Vision Pro C, which is pretty much identical to your pro S except for the knob configuration and the shape of your ash drawer assembly. Very fine grill and an extremely capable cooker. I cooked on mine for about 4 years and then decided I wanted a traditional vent configuration with the bottom slider, and got a Large BGE. An interesting fact is that the large BGE and the Vision Classic and Pro series are almost exactly the same size. I continue to use a Ceramic Grill Store Adjustable rack in by BGE that was actually  designed to fit in a Vision. Lots of BGE and Vision accessories or after market accessories with fit both grills. Happy cooking and enjoy your new grill and the forum conversation as well. 

I am enjoying it thank you! I bought the adjustable rack rig from Ceramic Store. So far has been pretty straight forward dialing in and maintaining temp setting. I bought the unit with the gas conversion kit thinking I would swap out for different cooks but honestly now don’t envision using it.