My first attemp at low and slow ribs.

I had some ribs in the freezer and decided that today is the day to venture into the world of L&S.  After reading many threads here and elsewhere I chose to do the ribs straight at 225 without the foil method.  Took a while to get the temperature dialed as it danced between 200 and 275. But all was well in the end.  I used some apple wood chunk for the smoke.

Ribs seasoned with Honey Hog, the ribs finished in: one with no sauce, one with BGE Carolina Tangy sauce, and one with BGE Zesty Mustard sauce.  I personally have no knowledge on BBQ sauce and I just picked them at the local hardware store while getting some accessories.  Cook time was about 5 hours total.  Bend test showed about 45 deg bend.  Meat comes off the bone easy but not "fall off the bone" level.  The veggies were put it about an hour before finish and it could use some more seasoning.  My wife preferred the no sauce version of the ribs  while my daughter and I loved all three.

It was a successful outing in my book.

175110446_10225637008582220_4179710358753254986_n.jpg

173328438_10225637009222236_3286137239398406608_n.jpg

175052930_10225637008942229_1934892665757994691_n.jpg

174235709_10225637008222211_4500388253385580112_n.jpg

12 hours ago, Golf Griller said:

Looks like you nailed those ribs. It took me several attempts before I was able to cook good ribs.

Thanks! It is the beauty of the internet, I was reading everywhere for a week trying to learn as much as possible.

I am thinking about making them more moist, and closer to "meat fall off bone" style.  Should I cook them for a bit longer so they bend more?  Or should I use the 3-2-1 method with foil plus liquid wrap?  I worry that the 3-2-1 method may make the ribs too mushy.

Wrapping with a little liquid will give you  the fall off bone ribs. I do this when my wife's family come here from calif, it might take a little experimenting to get it the way you like, of course it will depend on temp, 225 or 250. I don't use the bend test i probe with a tooth pick to test for doneness. Almost for got your corn on the cob kabobs looks like something I WILL have to try

11 hours ago, baileybbq said:

I am thinking about making them more moist, and closer to "meat fall off bone" style.  Should I cook them for a bit longer so they bend more?  Or should I use the 3-2-1 method with foil plus liquid wrap?  I worry that the 3-2-1 method may make the ribs too mushy.

Wrapping them will make them more fall off the bone. That is the way my wife likes them. I would go with less than 3-2-1. I do about 2-1-.5 and they come out the way my wife likes them. I cook my ribs for the entire 3.5 hours uncovered and they come out the way I like them.

6 hours ago, len440 said:

Wrapping with a little liquid will give you  the fall off bone ribs. I do this when my wife's family come here from calif, it might take a little experimenting to get it the way you like, of course it will depend on temp, 225 or 250. I don't use the bend test i probe with a tooth pick to test for doneness. Almost for got your corn on the cob kabobs looks like something I WILL have to try

They were not bad.  But I would advise not to use wooden skewers for the corn.  Kind of a pain getting it through the corn.  Maybe I should have just cooked the corns straight.